Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going round in circles trying to change mobile number in Fitbit account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I’m trying to change my mobile number.

I can’t log into my account as it sends a code to my old number to log in.

I can’t disable two factor authentication without it sending a code to my old number.

I can’t change my number without switching off two factor authentication (see above point).

I can’t access recovery mode as I can’t switch off two factor authentication (see above)

I can’t message via the app or website without logging into my account but then I’m back at point one (above).

basically there is no way of accessing my account to change the mobile number without first having a code sent to my old mobile…

I’ve been going round in circles for hours, there must be a way of doing this! Surely people do change their phone numbers occasionally…

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner I think your best course of action would be to contact Customer Support: click here 

They should be able to sort this out for you. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner   According to this Help article, you should be able to log in to your Fitbit account at fitbit.com, using a web browser.  It doesn't show an image, but says you will get the prompt to enter your recovery code.  This should disable the 2-FA.  It also says you should get this prompt on your mobile app when you try to log in.  Again, it doesn't have an image, so I don't understand why you didn't get it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for replying. I’ll have a try on my laptop rather than on mobile devices. Hopefully that will work!

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Best Answer