Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant doesn't work, but Alexa does

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When trying to use Google Assistant on my Sense, it just listens for a while then comes back with 'something went wrong'.  Amazon Alexa works fine, if I switch to that.  When responding to texts, the speech-to-text function works fine.  I can even do phone calls normally on it.

Only Google Assistant seems to have issues.  I've tried restarting my watch and phone, reset the watch to factory settings, turned off and turned on Assistant a dozen times, and everything else in the troubleshooting guide.  

Am I missing something that needs to happen for this to work?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Same here.  I've tried completely removing my sense from my account, removing sense and sense controls from Bluetooth, removing the Fitbit app, restarting my phone, restarting my watch, and going through the complete reinstallation and setup process again.  Nothing.  I have had this watch for less than year and have had two very annoying issues with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat as of yesterday. I have had intermittent problems with Assistant over the last couple of months, but from yesterday it has simply stopped working entirely.

Most of yesterday, I could press the button and it would give me the prompt like it was listening - it would look like it was recording voice, but it would never seem to actually process it, and eventually would time out with the "something went wrong".

Now when I press the side button, I immediately get the infamous "Something went wrong, but if you try again it might work".

I have rebooted the watch, rebooted the phone, re-paired, deleted application data - pretty much everything I can think of. Yesterday it looked like a server-side issue or something; today it looks like a straight-up bug. The watch is otherwise syncing fine to my phone.

The Assistant integration, when it works, is incredible and basically the entire reason I bought this device. Its flakiness has been a huge problem.

I'd note I recently switched to a Google Pixel 6a & have had intermittent Bluetooth issues which might be related, although it has seemed better with Android 13.

Best Answer
0 Votes