Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant has arrived, but it's unavailable in your region

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As in the title, after a nice update to the sense, the option for google assistant was added in. The unfortunate finding though was that it is unavailable in my region (according to the app), however on the website it clearly states that my country (Australia) should have access. After talking to an online representative, they came to the conclusion that it would not be available to Australians until late December. Where are these ETA's coming from? Where is the release schedule?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The issue is resolved. Setting location to USA in the Fitbit app settings, and then setting your Voice assistant language to English (United States) by going to you Google Home app, clicking on the top right portrait, going into assistant settings, and then into languages. Once these two tasks are done, resync your watch and try to pair Google Assistant through the app again, and by my understanding it should now work. I hope this helps as a temporary fix.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

What bull.  Why is this happening

Best Answer

The nearest I have seen to a schedule is in the press release:

"Google Assistant coming to Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore and the United Kingdom in late 2020 in English only; Belgium, Canada (French), Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland available early 2021."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Set USA position in App settings....

Best Answer
Yeah tried that it didn't work. Did it work for you
Best Answer

Yes, It works...and i'm italian. After that, I set english lenguage (united states) in Google assistant app

Screenshot_20201123-110753924.jpg

Best Answer

Set USA in profile too

Best Answer

The issue is partially resolved by setting location to USA in the Fitbit app settings, however once proceeding to syncing the device after selecting Google Assistant, it returns a new error "Your regions language is not yet supported on Sense". After changing my language in every known place on my mobile device, i am still unable to pair Google Assistant to the watch.

Best Answer

In Google Assistant go in lenguage...delete your lenguage and add english (united states)....go in Fitbit app and active google  assistant...now, if you want, you can add your lenguage too

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is resolved. Setting location to USA in the Fitbit app settings, and then setting your Voice assistant language to English (United States) by going to you Google Home app, clicking on the top right portrait, going into assistant settings, and then into languages. Once these two tasks are done, resync your watch and try to pair Google Assistant through the app again, and by my understanding it should now work. I hope this helps as a temporary fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see the setting for Google assistant in the fitbit app. Can you
send a screen shot of where it is and so on ? I must be blind
Best Answer

Setting things to United States in the Fitbit Dashboard does allow the Google Assistant option to be enabled, so the connection process can be started and succeeds partially but then fails because of region language [which is English].

Google assistant is working fine on the phone but Sense is denied use presumably it uses the mobile connection to determine current location [turning off GPS location on the phone doesn't help]. Presumably Fitbit pass German to the Assistant instead of English, even though all settings on phone and Fitbit are in English.

How do you make it work with English on the Sense, when its set to English everywhere and works on the phone?

Screenshot_20201125-063729_Google.jpg

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

By changing the language of Google Assistant from United Kingdom to United States fixed the problem. Using "Google Assistant Languages" in the phone settings to locate the place to change it.

Once the setup was complete, it was possible to set Google Assistant back to United Kingdom.

It actually works beautifully by pressing the back button on the watch and say any Google Assistant commands that work on the phone, such as turn on my light [something previously defined for the phone].

Google queries also display the results on the Sense, however without speaking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If u have iPhone go to settings go to language scroll down till u see rigion change it to United States and it should work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If u have iPhone go to settings go to language scroll down till u see rigion change it to United States and it should work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If u have iPhone go to settings go to language scroll down till u see rigion change it to United States and it should work Easiest way 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that the Google Assistant setup process requires United States as the location and language both in the Google Assistant and the Ftibit app [or dashboard, https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile].

Once it is installed it appears to still work for now if you change back to your original settings.

A Tip, if you swipe the watch right, and find the Google Assistant, it can be moved to the first position, such that to access the Google Assistant on the watch you have the option of using the back button long press or one swipe right and click on the icon.

However to end Google Assistant on the watch it requires 2 right swipes, whereas using the button it only requires one.

So two ways to invoke the Assistant, a question of preference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would rather step in front of a bus than change my setting to identify as an American. I will wait. 

Best Answer

The problem is you have to keep your location in the Fitbit app settings as America, or else it stops working. It works again if you put it back to America without having to set it up again.

However once the setup has completed you can change your language in Google assistant back to your preferred language, thank goodness.

Does anyone know what are the consequences of leavng your location permanently as America?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LoganGeorge Thank you so much for this. Setting the English language to United States did the trick. I was fiddling around for days to get Google Assistant running. Who would have thought that the UK English doesn't make the grade with Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes