Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant stops working, "Your account is not connected" message in Fitbit iPhone app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having trouble with Google Assistant failing about once a day. Even if the Sense is correctly connected to the iPhone, and is showing as Connected in the Fitbit iPhone app, Google Assistant on the Sense fails with an error message instructing me to sync the Sense with the app.

When I visited the "Voice assistant" settings in the Fitbit iPhone app to investigate, I found that Google Assistant was marked as inactive, and when I opened the Google Assistant settings, I was presented with the message "Your account is not connected", and a button to reconnect the account. Clicking it bounced me to the Google Assistant app and back to Fitbit where Google Assistant was now marked as Active.

This fixed the issue temporarily but every 24 hours or so, the account goes back in to this "Your account is not connected" state, and I need to reconnect the account again. This started happening spontaneously at the start of the year.

I'm posting this information here so that anyone else having trouble with Google Assistant is aware that this may be the underlying problem. I have not yet contacted Fitbit support about the issue, although based on my past interactions with them I do not believe that it would be productive for me to do so.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I think what happens is if you logout of the Fitbit app you get disconnected from GA.

I don't know iPhone but could the app be auto closed, to save battery perhaps?

If the Fitbit app remains active it shouldn't happen.

It could also be the Google Assistant that is shutdown that breaks the connection.

On my phone if I switch Fitbit accounts when I get back to the one linked to GA, I have to reactivate the GA connection. I put in a feature request to have the reconnection automated after login/

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a very similar issue and have been for weeks now (Google Assistant was only successfully linked for a few days after the update). I’ve scoured the forums and haven’t come across anyone else with the issue. I bounce between the “not connected” notification and “try again”. It never links up for me. Hope someone can help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do check your Bluetooth connection, if you pull down in the Fitbit app, does the app sync with the watch?

Better still

In the phone Fitbit App
Click on profile photo [top left]

Device photo [middle left]

look at the Sync entry.

Did the device sync recently, and click the circle to resync it again to make sure you have a good connection.

If the Bluetooth connection is lost GA can't work.

Best Answer

Yes, unfortunately I’ve tried it all. Reinstalled everything, made sure Bluetooth was connected, logged into everything properly, restarted my Fitbit, restarted my phone, wifi is connected properly. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps on the forums as well. Totally stumped!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@laura04kellywhat error are you getting "your account is not connected"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, exactly! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@laura04kellyHi, I would try rebooting both phone and watch to ensure the best possible connection and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Unfortunately I’ve tried this several times and I just can’t get it to work. Might need to reach out to customer support because it’s been a few weeks now. Thanks again for the suggestion though, I really appreciate it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the feedback, sorry we couldn't fix it, probably best to contact Fitbit Support  directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched from Android to IOS recently, and haven't been able to get Google Assistant to connect either.  Keeps showing buttons in the app to "Connect" or "Activate", but just won't.  I've checked that "Background Refresh" is enabled on both the Fitbit app and Google Assistant, but doesn't work.  Between the sensitive virtual button and this, I'm probably going to take a $230 loss and just move on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DelacomboAre you sure you fulfilled all the conditions required for Google Assistant to work, that is, your location is America and language American in both the Fitbit settings and the Google Assistant settings?

There are 2 phases, one is the setup of Google Assistant on the Watch and the other is enabling it, and its important to distinguish which is not working.

Once setup if you logout of the Fitbit app you have to re-enable Google Assistant when you login again.

Best Answer
0 Votes