Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green lights not flashing and heart rate not displayed on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Sense has been working great until today. I charged it, and when I put it back on, it wasn't displaying my heart rate. The green light isn't flashing.

I tried a soft restart (holding button down for 10 seconds). Then I contacted Fitbit through a chat and was walked through a factory reset. Guess what, that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I am having the same issue! Not only is the green sensor light not working, but it also is not tracking my sleep anymore and my battery won’t last a day anymore. 

About a month ago, my Fitbit literally just gave up. It died and I could t get it to even charge anymore. I kept messing with it and finally got it to charge. My battery use to last for at least 2 days before this. I’ve had issues with my Fitbit before and they sent me a new one, but this was a while ago. Every time I want to call and ask how to fix my issue, the help line is conveniently closed for the day. So frustrating 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Hi @peggysmitty , @Cmorrow7 - generally when there is a sudden change like no lights on the back or short battery life, there is a watch fault.

If a factory reset doesn't cure it there is internal damage, possibly from water getting in, which also can cause it to get hot when charging, and if so stop immediately.

If the watch is under warranty, 1 to 2+ years depending on country law it can be replaced.

You can always chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support for more clarification.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Why is there no green light on my Fitbit heart rate?
You can check this on the settings app. To get to the settings app swipe left on your Charge 4 then swipe up to find the various app. Tap to change a setting. If the Heartrate app is set to OFF, tap to turn ON, and the green lights should work again.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes

@willjoe- who is your post addressed to? This is about a Sense not a Charge 4 and there is no option to turn heart rate on or off for a Sense.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I've admitted defeat... and ordered a Charge 5. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I just sent an email to Fitbit support, but it is of course a Friday, so I’m sure I won’t hear from them until next week. I got my replacement Fitbit almost exactly a year ago. I think it’s under warranty still, but not sure since it is a replacement. I also have a sense, so there is no way to turn on or off the green sensor. 

@peggysmitty- let me know how you like the charge 5 compared to the sense 😊. Best of luck to everyone getting their device working!

Best Answer
0 Votes