Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received the Sense and am having issues with the heart rate accuracy during exercise. It seems accurate at rest (comparable to the readings from the Charge 4 I previously had). When walking it goes up to 150 (when I clearly am not in cardio) and when lifting weights/workouts it never goes above 90, despite being winded and clearly exerting myself.   What’s going on??

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I experienced the exact same thing. It is ok when you are doing light exercise such as walking but as soon as there is intensity it is useless. I just shoveled 8 inches of wet snow off my driveway. I was wearing both my Sense and my Galaxy Watch 4. It was intense lifting and throwing of snow and when I was done, my GW4 showed mostly heart rates between 130-157. The Sense? Never broke 110. Absolutely useless.

I basically only use my Sense for sleep tracking and spo2 as this seems to be the only time is works well but sometimes forget to take it off in the morning (like today).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so frustrated!  I have found that while running,  wearing it slightly higher on the wrist has worked but nothing works for the weights/other workouts! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CMB122 I find running often fails at high cadence (and Sense picks up cadence for HR registering HR at ~180BPM). As long as your cadence stays close to actual HR (most amateur runners do 140-160spm which oftens aligns with HR) running should be ok. For other types of activities, it is what it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes