Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate inaccurate on Fitbit Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey 

is anyone else experiencing huge heart rate inaccuracy during exercise with the sense? 

During exercise with the sense it won’t ever get above 120bpm for me 

but if I use my charge 4 during the EXACT same exercise my heart rate is between 145-170bpm in the cardio zone 

It’s extremely disappointing and I don’t want to have to switch to my charge 4 everytime I exercise to ensure accurate heart rate 

defeats the purpose of having the sense 

seriously one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
568 REPLIES 568
It’s so frustrating. They don’t seem to care either!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Not with exercise but resting is wacky as hell. 35+ higher. I even took my watch off and the pulse is still going....

Best Answer

@deamo5333 I guess there are "alright" Senses, so-so Senses and atrocious Senses (there are no good Senses) when it comes to the HR reading. What you reported was reported by others as well, meaning you got an atrocious Sense.

I am not seeing that behaviour on mine, and I compared the HR many times with checking the pulse manually with 2 fingers on the neck while using a stopwatch, when "sitting at the desk". The accuracy Sense vs manual check was always close to 100% for that particular test..

When I take the watch off and place it on a desk, the HR reads 2 dashes (--)

Sense since Nov 29th 2021 (with IPhone 6), firmware: 44.128.6.17.
Best Answer

In my experience Fitbit just doesn't make an accurate product. I hade a sense, HR was always low. I bought a Sense, HR is always low. I like Fitbit for a lot of features but accurate tracking of workouts don't seem to be a reliable feature. If you really want to track workouts, buy a Whoop! (Sorry Fitbit)

Best Answer

Yesterday my wife was washing dishes and got a notification of elevate HR with a value of 150 !!! Later we went for a power walk together and HR never reached 80 bpm. We concluded that dish washing is a better exercise than power walking.

Best Answer

I run into that quite a bit! So much potential in the Sense but fixes are needed! 

Best Answer

While showering today, with my Sense on the sink, my heart rate was 102. Just crazy! 

Best Answer

@Irish57  I totally agree. There are so many positives, but the inaccurate heart rate takes away from all the other features. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and insights about the Sense HR. Our team is aware, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other members. I apologize for the experience that you've had with your watch, please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed and we'll keep working to improve our products.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have a different question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread to receive help from the Community.

See you around.

Best Answer