Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate inaccurate on Fitbit Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey 

is anyone else experiencing huge heart rate inaccuracy during exercise with the sense? 

During exercise with the sense it won’t ever get above 120bpm for me 

but if I use my charge 4 during the EXACT same exercise my heart rate is between 145-170bpm in the cardio zone 

It’s extremely disappointing and I don’t want to have to switch to my charge 4 everytime I exercise to ensure accurate heart rate 

defeats the purpose of having the sense 

seriously one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
568 REPLIES 568

I have the same experience with Sence... when I am out running it does not record heart rates over 100 the first 10-20 mins, which does not make sense. I did the test with a polar pulse band while rowing - the difference was 134 vs 97 on sense. I am considering altogether to change to another brand as I am also experiencing issues with syncing btw Coach, dashboard and Fitbit app.... it simple do not record that I have been doing any workouts or active minutes

Best Answer
I finally made a decision to move away. Garmin for exercise tracking and
Oura for sleep. Having worn the garmin yesterday during strength training,
I can say for sure even if it's wrist based tracking, its way more accurate
than the sense.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Which garmin do you use?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the forerunner 745
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update. I solved the syncing issue by reinstalling the different apps which need to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

112 vs. 142 on rowing machine112 vs. 142 on rowing machineDifference in heart rate betweeen Sense and chest band

Best Answer

Same here. Mine will not go above 155

There is NO WAY my HR is higher lifting 8lb weights than it is doing actual tabata cardio workouts. 

Best Answer

So I’ve upgraded and my workout heart rate is way off what my Versa was. Massive difference. Most of my stats are below zones where as before I was in cardio and peak. 

any ideas 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hello @Sambawoolls Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Several factors can affect your Heart Rate, including age, sex, sleep quality, stress, and lifestyle choices, such as nutrition and exercise. If you want to get more information about Heart Rate, I recommend visiting the following links: 

How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device?

What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Fitbit personalizes your heart-rate zones using your heart rate reserve, which is the difference between your maximum heart rate and your resting heart rate (source). Heart rate reserve is an indication of your overall cardiovascular fitness. While your maximum heart rate is generally determined by age, your resting heart rate can be lowered by increasing your fitness level. By lowering your resting heart rate, you can increase your heart rate reserve.

In which type of workouts you've seen the difference? 

I look forward to your response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s every workout. My Versa was recording cardio and peak zones when working out but the sense is way off and is telling me I’m below zones when I know I’m not.

I have friends who have the same issue so I assume is an issue with the software?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m finding the same problem. I’ve started wearing my old Fitbit charge 2 (cracked face so needed replacing) on one wrist and my new sense on the other. The heart rate readings for the sense are much less accurate. Is there any way Fitbit can correct this as monitoring my heart rate is one of my main reasons for buying the sense?

Best Answer

Good Afternoon. Thought I would reply to your message as I see a number of posts whereby people are experiencing issues with heart rate. However, this being said I use the Sense for tracking exercise (Treadmill, Spinning and Elliptical) and to date my results with the watch have been very successful. I see a slight lag in reaching fat burn and cardio zones when compared to my previous Apple Watch, however, after this my heart rate values appear to be extremely accurate..

I realise this does not particularly help you with your exact issue however, thought a post which outlines it is possible for the watch to work for some people might be helpful

Although the watch is by no means perfect, it does suggest from my experience that the software is working. Is the issue due to a different reason I.e shape of wrist, level of fitness etc. Not sure however, food for thought. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really hope they can rectify this. It’s clearly an issue that a lot of my friends have too

I’ve been a Fitbit user since 2014 and I’m now wondering if I should switch brands!!!

It’s basically a very expensive wrist watch as my stats are nowhere near accurate

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I don’t think you’ve fully understood the issue. 

it’s the fact it’s giving completely different readings compared to my Versa (and previous devices) 

the heart rate is way off. It tells me I’m below zones when I’m clearly not and I rarely get into peak using the sense but did with other devices 

the settings are the same 

Best Answer

@Fitco Welcome to the Community Forums! @Basandy It's great to see you around! 

@Sambawoolls Thanks for the information you've shared! Since this sounds a bit more serious. I’ve created a support case on your behalf @Sambawoolls @Fitco . You both should receive an email from Customer support. Note that they may take a bit long to get back to you due to recent events affecting our operations. 

@Basandy Thank you very much for your input! This is very appreciated! 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I look forward to a reply 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sambawoolls It's been a pleasure! 

I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox since you should receive an email from our Customer Support team. Take into consideration that they may take a bit long to get back to you due to recent events affecting our operations. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup. Sense HR is absolute **ahem**. At least 20-30 bpm too low. During running it doesn’t seem to bad. Unfortunately the feature used most on this is the most ineffective. Garbage product and waste of $400+ 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my versa 2, it’s usually relatively close to where I feel my heart rate is. But since the update it’s been going stupid, when weightlifting I’m usually around 150/160 but lately it’s saying I’m below zones. I’ve only noticed this recently. 

Best Answer

You maybe onto something there. I’ve noticed when not in any exercise mode. It goes up quickly. Let me know how you get on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes