Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitor not accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought a Fitbit Sense and have been wearing it a few days.

My resting heartrate according to the Sense is scary high, but after I have exercised with it I find it totally inaccurate. On my rowing machine ( disappointed it's not on the list of Sense exercises) it said that my heart rate wasn't over 90. Then on my BowFlex max trainer doing a Hiit workout again the Sense was reading low and I'm sweating and out of breath! The sensors on my Max trainer are way more accurate and realistic. My heart rate climbs close to 180 on the burst portions and I can usually get it back down to 165 in the relax interval. The Sense hovered around 90 then 150 was the max it read. I don't think this is a good device. 1 you can't see heart rate in realtime and 2. It's completely wrong data so any health inference is a waste of time.

I think I will return this to Amazon.

Disappointing

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
I just cancelled my account and started the return process with Amazon.This is the most disappointing product I have ever purchased ESPECIALLY for the price!Not to mention that you have to pay extra for access to all of the "data" this device supposedly produces. Which is the main reason I am returning it, inaccurate data. The heart rate monitor is totally false. Even without me comparing it to my elliptical machine monitor. Resting heartrate is saying that I am 90 and full out exercise only maxed out at 150! What a joke. This renders every other metric totally and completely useless!What a waste of time. Can't believe the hype on this. Plus having to join Twitter just to interact with customer service?Go away Fitbit, not on my watch...
Best Answer
0 Votes