Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity not resetting each day on my Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My hourly activity tracking is not resetting each day on my Sense. In order for the previous day to clear, I have to do a restart on my watch. Is this an ongoing issue?  I need resolution. 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I’m not sure if this is quite the same thing, but I’ve noticed that while it does track my hourly activity (in terms of “x of y hours” with 250 steps walked), the actual graphical ring doesn’t always reset, so, right now, I’m showing 6 of 9 hours, yet all 9 slots on the ring are lit up.

Best Answer

That’s exactly what mine does. To clear it each day, I have to do a restart in my watch (hold down button for 10 seconds until Fitbit logo comes on). Once I do that, it will show me the accurate tick marks for my completed hours. 

Best Answer

I think it's a bug, mines doing the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a bug on the hourly activity widget, which Fitbit is aware of. There's a thread on it here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Hourly-Activity-data-won-t-update-correctly-on-Sense/m-p/46009...

The hourly activity on the Today screen works fine.

Best Answer
So, I contacted Fitbit chat today. He rushed me through the process... essentially he said, change your clock face to a Fitbit one and see if that helps. Followed quickly by take the survey, can I help you further, have a good day. I wasn’t finished chatting; apparently he was. I guess I will try this for a day but I am pretty sure I have had 3 different clock faces so far and it has done this on all 3. I know this is a fairy new product and they always have to work the bugs out, but I was completely unsatisfied with the level of support I got. Fitbit used to be a great company, but like most, as they have grown their level of customer service has decreased significantly. I have been an avid Fitbit fan for several years now, starting with the original Charge, but am growing weary of them as a company.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I didn’t see your response until today. I find it odd that they know it’s an issue and are working on it, yet when I ask him specifically if others are having the same issue, he said “there are issues but this isn’t one that has been brought up”.  The thread you linked clearly states otherwise!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had just about the same thing happen when I sent Fitbit a DM on Twitter about the issue. The support rep wanted to open a case for me, which wouldn't have done any good. Even when I explained that it was a known bug, he either didn't really read what I was saying or understand it. I just told him to leave it and I'd wait for the engineers to fix it. As long as it works on the Today screen, I can put up with it until it's fixed. But, yes, I have found in the past that different support reps didn't seem to know what was going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rmadisonwi  @Denitra   @imeson79   @slbert   I want to reassure you that Fitbit is aware of the problem with the hourly activity widget.  I do not know when a fix will be released.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is very disheartening. I used to love their customer service. That was always one of my selling points. I have been doing a daily restart to clear mine. So far it is working but getting super annoying, especially since it is a known issue and they don’t seem to be addressing it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the clock SimpleClockDuo

it does on the watch tracking of Steps This Hour and show number of steps for each past hours as well [Steps This Hour History]

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry Correct link is

SimpleClockDuo

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This bug still seems to have not been fixed.  It's nearly July and I have to do the same reboot of the watch each day to clear the previous day's activity.  An update was installed a few weeks ago and I hoped it would fix this.  Nope.

I also would like to view the activity wheel during an hour when I haven't completed the steps yet.  When I touch that screen, it takes me to a screen that explains Hourly Activity.  Total waste.  At the bottom it says to turn on Fitbit app notification permissions (when it can find my phone that is a foot away).  I believe I have done that.

This is the premier watch and it can't even provide information that the cheapest watch does.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Sense and have the same issues.  I agree with your assessment and am considering returning it.  My Versa 1 recently just stopped working.  Losing faith in Fitbit, especially since there is no response from them in this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday, I called the help center to report the issue of the hourly activity not resetting each day.  They walked me through the hard reset and asked to call back with a case # if not fixed today.  Just spoke to FitBit help center again today.  The person I spoke with today initially said this was not an issue.  I referenced this string.  After a 2 minute hold he did confirm it is an issue, but was unable to pull up this string and did not want to forward the string to the developers.  I asked if I could speak with a development team and was told he wasn't able to connect me.  I am a former product technology manager and understand both sides of an issue.  However, I am disappointed that FitBit doesn't seem to understand that is not OK for a $300 having to be soft reset every day to fix the issue.  Not reassured that they will be able to fix it.  Considering returning it today since this doesn't sound like it will be covered under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes