Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see the time on Sense during exercise?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've already searched and found no solution for this problem, so this post is meant as constructive criticism in the hopes that Fitbit will choose to resolve these issues in an update, or in the next generation of watches.

When the Fitbit Sense is in exercise mode, you can't see what time it is. This is kind of a big problem because it IS a Smart WATCH. So while I'm exercising, the only way to check what time it is is to turn on the screen and then scroll all the way to the bottom.

My other criticism is that the timer function only allows you to set up a timer for no more than 1 hour and 39 minutes. Seems like it should be able to set a longer timer than that!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mxalex. Welcome on board.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thorough feedback about the Sense. If you haven't done so, please follow the steps described by @JohnnyRow to select the stats that you want to see during your exercise tracking.

In regards to your other question, I understand how helpful it'd be to set a longer timer on your watch and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. While this isn't yet possible, I'd recommend voting for this request which was already posted in the Feature Suggestions board. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

You can set the Sense to show time of day during workout.  After selecting the workout type, swipe up from the small arrow at bottom of screen to see more options.  Under 'Show Stats" you get to select which stat(s) to show at top, middle, and bottom screen.  One of the options is "Time of Day".

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @mxalex. Welcome on board.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thorough feedback about the Sense. If you haven't done so, please follow the steps described by @JohnnyRow to select the stats that you want to see during your exercise tracking.

In regards to your other question, I understand how helpful it'd be to set a longer timer on your watch and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. While this isn't yet possible, I'd recommend voting for this request which was already posted in the Feature Suggestions board. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

Best Answer

But what if you would like time to always display at the top? And then maybe you want distance and heart rate? Can't have all 3 showing at once?

Best Answer

@kathielk wrote:

But what if you would like time to always display at the top? And then maybe you want distance and heart rate? Can't have all 3 showing at once?

Au contraire.  Yes you can.  I just did that with no problem.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
could you please share how? thanks.
Kathie Kreuger
Best Answer

@kathielk wrote:
could you please share how? thanks.
Kathie Kreuger

Just how I explained in my first post in this thread, how you can select your choices for 3 positions in the display.

Not meaning to be rude, just don't know how to explain it any better than I did above.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that and it wouldn't do that. Would not let me keep my choices
Best Answer

Hello. I have a Sense 2 and can't see a way of customising the stats I'd like to see during exercise. I have followed your steps, but there is no option for 'show stats'. I too, would like to be able to see the time when running. Any clues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

All's good. I've sussed it out 🙂

Best Answer