Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It cannot be stressed strongly enough how important it is to clean the 4 contacts points on the back of your watch especially if experiencing a slow charging message or no charging. The holes are prone to collecting deposits very quickly,

If you are sure the terminals are clean on your watch and charge cable, and you have reviewed Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?, the charge cable may be faulty.

To verify, check the 4 pins are equally prominent and properly located using the back of your nail carefully to check the spring pressure is the same on each pin, especially the left bottom one.

charge cablecharge cable

If when using a computer port to charge the device it is not recognized by a sound it would indicate a problem.

Do also try removing the USB plug and then reinserting for a few minutes, Then while still being connected press the side button for 3 or 4 seconds, you may feel a vibrate. Try this process several times.

If it's under warranty you can contact Fitbit Support directly. They should send you a replacement charge cable.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

You can also buy them online if out of warranty.

Warning: if your watch gets hot when charging stop immediately, it is dangerous as there is most likely internal damage, possibly from water getting in.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Have two senses and two charging cables. The top left hand poles on both charges are no longer protruding same as yours, so not charging. Fitbit are sending two new cables

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @BigAl55.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting us know about your Sense. While I'm glad you're receiving other charging cables, I'm sorry you've had this experience with your watch. Your feedback is appreciated and please know we'll keep working to improve our products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The recessed pin on the charger cable is a repeated issue by several users. I now have a 2nd cable with a sunken pin. Fitbit will replace the original that came with the watch. The 2nd was bought through a large chain store so they will not replace that one. I do not plan to purchase another Fitbit product in the future unless they use a different connection system (one with weaker magnets, or with a flat pad magnetic charger instead of ones with pins. The directions for charging a Sense should also include connecting the charger to the Sense prior to plugging into a USB. To be extremely careful when connecting pins to the watch, etc. 

Customers keep buying charging cables (or get a replacement if the watch is under warranty). There should be a design recall on the chargers. No amount of cleaning will help is a pin is recessed. It is a very common defect and if I had known this before purchasing a Fitbit, I would have looked elsewhere. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @Kaydee2020.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the charging cable. I see where you're coming from and I apologize for this inconvenience. As mentioned before, every feedback shared by our members helps us to keep working on our products, and improve the experience with them.

I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created. I'm sure our Support team will continue helping you so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One pin is noticably less prominent so is that the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marde45- yes, follow the instructions given to get a new cable.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Yes. If you look through the posts in here there are photos of which pin can become recessed. I have had 2 chargers become defective (recessed pin) within the year and received replacements. Word of caution if buying a cable from another store. Check their return policy. Not all stores will grant a year for returns on electronics and accessories. 

Best Answer

nope - none of this resolved my issue.   have new charger now & still have issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer