Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It cannot be stressed strongly enough how important it is to clean the 4 contacts points on the back of your watch especially if experiencing a slow charging message or no charging. The holes are prone to collecting deposits very quickly,

If you are sure the terminals are clean on your watch and charge cable, and you have reviewed Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?, the charge cable may be faulty.

To verify, check the 4 pins are equally prominent and properly located using the back of your nail carefully to check the spring pressure is the same on each pin, especially the left bottom one.

charge cablecharge cable

If when using a computer port to charge the device it is not recognized by a sound it would indicate a problem.

Do also try removing the USB plug and then reinserting for a few minutes, Then while still being connected press the side button for 3 or 4 seconds, you may feel a vibrate. Try this process several times.

If it's under warranty you can contact Fitbit Support directly. They should send you a replacement charge cable.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

You can also buy them online if out of warranty.

Warning: if your watch gets hot when charging stop immediately, it is dangerous as there is most likely internal damage, possibly from water getting in.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Sense is not charging, please follow the charging tips in this Fitbit help article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
48 REPLIES 48

Thank you It’s brand-new it’s only come out in the box yesterday that’s why am asking

Best Answer

thank you I have read all of this, followed directions and even used my old charging cable, still nothing. I’ll contact support. 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

Same as mines 1 year old got for Xmas 2020 use it for everything sleep, exercise BP u name as have health issues I rely on this as my records for my issues and indicates areas to what have I ulter or was I tired less sleep etc I swear on it like part of my body so struggling not have it thinking if don't hear back like I was said through email I'll go to place were friend brought it and see there outcome as have no idea WARRENTY on NZ sense watches. Won't surely be 1 yr would have be two at least.

Best Answer

20220202_110255 fitbit charger.jpg

20220202_110428 firbit.jpg

I got the same issue.  My roommate has the charger and also has this same problem on the same pin.  Plenty of Amazon reviews of genuine FitBit chargers that show the exact same problem on the same pin.  The Chinese knockoffs on Amazon and others, which I DO NOT RECOMMEND,  are even worse with many users reporting melting and fires.  I assume that the charging current is carried by the internal spring and is heating up the spring past it's temper temperature. Spring tension vs. current carrying capacity?. My Sense is 10 months old, roommate's is 11 months old.  Both getting charged via high quality, fully USB compliant, chargers.

The failing pin is the ground pin. 

Best Answer

Customer support has been contacted at 9:01 AM and a replacement has been ordered. Update 2 Feb 2022 1:30 PM CST:  Charger has shipped.

Thank you FitBit for the prompt service!

Update 7 Feb 2022:  Per USPS tracking the charger is expected to arrive on Tuesday 8 Feb 2022.

Charger arrived on time.

Best Answer

The charging cable is an issue.  I am now on my 4th cable in about 14 months.  FitBit did replace it once, but won’t replace the one I purchased even though it has a one year warranty - cable was bought in the summer of 2021.  The same pin on this cable always goes bad.   They know it’s an issue and don’t want to  fix it.  

Best Answer

Hi I'm shocked reading yours and hearing that alot brought from Amazon which if buying expensive watch, Fitbit buy from only company that's my opinion. But fire that now makes me want make sure I keep an eye on it , normally when I'm HM and only charge for recommended time and always checking it. Maybe ones that it's gone on fire with have not used same charger to plug wall as given and maybe left Fitbit on all night as mines never got hot will say that. Good keep reading people's issues info mine charger wasn't issue like all but could be lots reasons behind pin too thanks as it's made me aware now on charger issue with fires keep eye out. So did u resolve your problem in the end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's my charger one of the prongs is shorter than the others. Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

@Pinkrocketmr2 Bought mine on Amazon. Works great. They offer a protection plan --- Asurion protection plan with 24/7 tech support. Drops, spills, and cracked screens are covered from the date of purchase. All other malfunction coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty ends.

Best Answer

44191272.jpegSame here I am on my 4th cable and wont be buying another. Time to buy another brand me thinks as it is always the top LHS prong that burns out or gets stuck.

Best Answer

Mine too.. out of the box yesterday..

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220314-130300_Fitbit.jpg

 I always my watch on the charger in the mornings when I get ready. Of course it's not syncing because watch is off. Issues started yesterday because my stats weren't showing up, so I did go into my settings and shut it down to see if my stats would show up and my watch will not turn back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guy thanks for that advice, but the Fitbit is new, although the invoice say refurbished oddly, and the charging points are gleaming.  There is no obvious button to press to turn the Fitbit on, i am just squeezing the sides of the watch??

Best Answer

@PoultneyM  - if it doesn't come on when charged either the watch or charge cable or power source may be faulty.

For the button indentation position, See in the manual 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I have had exact same issue with  Fitbit Sense battery charger  on multiple occasions. I have ordered two more charger cables. Have had two failures so far -third failing soon. Thank you for insight as to source of problem. 

Best Answer

I have now had 3 chargers fail in the last year and a half.  Always one of the pins recessing.  No help from fitbit since I bought it from Costco.  I don't want to return it just because of a faulty charger design!!  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Just buy one on line. You can get it delivered for less than $10 and end the frustration of dealing with Fitbit. 

This one has been thrown out there but I can’t recommend cause I have no experience with it. There are a lot out there on Amazon. 
I am still on my original charger from 11/3/20.

http://guytec.com/Fitbit/#Charge

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

VERY common problem.

The Bluetooth on my Sense died about 3 days after it arrived, the replacement has worked fine.

The week after it arrived though it stopped charging. Turned out to be the recessed pin syndrome.

Google research revealed it is a very common problem. It is always the same earth pin.

Opinion appears to be that the projecting charge pins short out on the metal body of the watch when you connect it and sometimes blow the spring, which seems to act as a fuse. 3 power pins, one earth pin, makes no sense (pun intended).

I went and bought another cable.

My solution has been to always connect the cable to the watch BEFORE plugging the USB into the charger.

I haven't had a repeat of the problem in the weeks since.

Best Answer

Thanks Guy!  Much appreciated!  However,  my watch has been thoroughly cleaned and my wife is able to charge her Sense on both our chargers.  My watch is not connecting to either one.  So frustrating!

Best Answer