Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get it to know I am exercising without pushing some button?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am an avid cyclist - and do a lot of riding on Zwift (an indoor cycling platform).  Anyway, when I get on the bike using Zwift - it doesn't see that I am exercising - even though my heart rate is significantly higher for 30 - 200 minutes.  So even though I ride regularly, it says 0 exercise.  

Anyway to set it to figure out that I am doing something physical without having to push some button on the watch?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @FletcherJ and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit's auto-recognition feature (SmartTrack) recognizes the following activities: walk, run, outdoor bike, elliptical, sports, aerobic workout, and swimming.  Indoor cycling isn't automatically recognized.  So, yes, you must start indoor cycling using the Exercise app on your Sense, with the Spin shortcut. 

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks Laurie,

How does it recognize Aerobic and elliptical activities?  Both of those are (generally) in place activities.  

It would seem that a significantly elevated heart rate (and whatever else it tracks) over an extended period of time would be a clear indication of sports activity (or a medical emergency..... )  

Is there some way to request an option for it to, when it senses an elevated heart rate, to automatically go into exercise mode?  

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FletcherJ   Exercises are detected by the accelerometer.  Fitbit uses algorithms to analyze the accelerometer patterns to decide what is or isn’t an activity.  Fitbit doesn’t use elevated heart rate to sense activity.  Other things, like fever, can raise your heart rate.  But it isn’t activity.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer