Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Sense step count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense counted 86,042 steps in a 15 min period today.

Does this mean my Sense is faulty?

What else could have caused this?

The steps didn't happen during any identifies exercise, so I can't see any more detail, or edit it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @dangeresque, welcome to the community, You may be interested in this article How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities? which offers advice on deletion and editing data. We do occasionally see reports here on this kind of "surprise" data and I have no idea what causes it. This article offers advice on accuracy and this third party article How to make your fitness tracker count steps more accurately - The Verge comments on the more usual deviations in step count.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @dangeresque, welcome to the community, You may be interested in this article How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities? which offers advice on deletion and editing data. We do occasionally see reports here on this kind of "surprise" data and I have no idea what causes it. This article offers advice on accuracy and this third party article How to make your fitness tracker count steps more accurately - The Verge comments on the more usual deviations in step count.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply!

I added the Driving activity to "zero out" that 15 min interval. My dashboard looks better now, although I can't be sure whether the previous or following periods were impacted.

I'm also part of a workweek challenge, and this extra 86k steps put me in the lead. After putting in the driving adjustment, it *didn't* reduce my challenge steps.

Is there a way to force this?

Also, is it possible to submit the data behind this "glitch" to FitBit support? It could help to improve the algorithm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @dangeresque, thanks for the feedback, I'm pleased the post was some help. I do not know if you can reduce your challenge total, some editing is limited to protect the "step" totals from manipulation in challenges. I think the solution to your quandary will be to let the others in the challenge know what happened.

I suggest you talk to "Customer Support" here to see if they are harvesting data of this sort. I recommend you use the Chat facility or phone for a prompt response.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

Either the Sense is faulty, you were using a jackhammer or you are very tired.

Best Answer
0 Votes