Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps tracking exercise after I've stopped exercising

Hi. If I  forget to tell my Sense that I've completed my exercise (generally walking), it continues tracking even after I've stopped exercising. I recall having set a setting that would make it stop when it sensed I had stopped, but it just keeps tracking. This both throws off the results (for example, saying my last mile took 2 or 8 or 20 hours!) and drains the battery. Is this a common problem? (Other than forgetting to tell it to stop) am doing something wrong? Where is that setting I once set? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@jmann56 , Nice to see you around. Thank you for your message. 

There are different options on your Sense that you could use. 

SmartTrack - This option detects your activities and starts and ends it automatically. 
How to set it up , please have a look at this : Which activities does my Fitbit device track automatically?

Run/Biking Detect. - These options will only start the activity if detected, but works like the manually started activity. You'll need to stop/end it when finished. 
This can be setup in the exercise app on your Sense: 
1. On Sense, open the Exercise app .
2. Tap the exercise you want to adjust.
3. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then swipe up through the list of settings.
4. Tap a setting to adjust it. 
5. When you're done, swipe down until you see the play icon

On this menu, you also have the option for Auto-Pause. Automatically pause a run or bike ride when you stop moving.

Or manually "started activity"! This is the most common use of the exercise app. Press the play  and the stop buttons to start/end an activity. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Juan. How do I request that they apply the Auto-Pause option to Walking? 

Auto-Pause for Walk would be incredibly useful, not only for when I arrive home but forget to turn off Walk, but also for when I stop to talk with a neighbor during a walk. In that setting, it feels rude to look down at my watch to hit Pause. It would be far preferable to have the app automatically pause and resume.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jmann56 , Thank you for your reply. Please take my apologies. I gave you the information for the Sense 2. 

The Auto- pause and detect Mode are only for Running and Biking on the Sense. For walking you can only either start and end it manually over the exercise app on the watch or using Smart Track 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes