Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For FITBIT Sense Screen Protect that Won't Wash Off Or Hinder EDA/ECG scanning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone found or does FITBIT recommend a tempered glass screen protector for the FITBIT Sense? Most of what I have seen available either blocks EDA/ECG scans or is a film that washes off in the shower of while swimming. I read the Sense has Gorilla Glass, but will not hold up against scratches or accidental impacts. I'm getting the impression that I just spent a lot of money on a fragile fitness tracker that seems to be sold as a throw-away device if the watch be damaged. If that is true, this will be my first and last FITBIT device. I appreciate your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@gthopkins Gorilla Glass actually holds up well against scratches. It's impacts and cracks that it doesn't do great with. Glass is glass and any watch with a glass screen can and will break with enough falls or the right angle. The unfortunate thing is that the sense has no raised bezel to protect it.

As for screen protector, anything that only covers the glass should be good enough. For the ECG and EDA scanning, you just need the metal to be exposed.

Best Answer

I've been using my Sense since launch and the glass still looks as good as new. Perhaps there are some micro scratches when held up at the light at extreme angles, but honestly I can't see them if they are there. I've been quite happy with the durability of the device, so it's quite possible that you might also be fine without a protector (which seem to interfere with the device one way or another). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you both for your reply. I find myself avoiding wearing the Sense for everyday use and only when working out. I probably should have investigated smart watch - fitness trackers with a rugged build like the Garmin line(Instinct). Having a watch face that is scratched or damaged will prevent me wearing it for normal use anyway. I'm thinking I should have gone with the Charge 5 for less money and not so much a watch. Many companies build products as throw-away items, albeit expensive ones. Buyer remorse is not uncommon these days. I will use the Sense until it reaches the point where the display can no longer be seen. I might also continue my search for a tempered glass solution that only covers the glass and not the metal. I appreciate your help and your experience with the Sense. Thanks, again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are a few but each has it’s draw backs.

the screen films do not protect the glass corners and that is a weak point of lcd screen.

The TPU protectors  do not allow use of EDA/ECG

i use the nanw but it traps moisture and must remove it to use EDA/ECG functions. 

Other than that my screen is flawless as the day I bought it.

https://top10best.how/fitbit-sense-glass-screen-protector?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Search&t_sour...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08G4XGHMR/ref=psdcmw_11591906011_t3_B09BNCNLHF#

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Thank you! I will check them out. Have a great weekend everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought the spigen one piece as a protector. I’ll give it a try. 

It does not allow EDA/EDA but will protect the 4 corners of the face which are susceptible to breakage. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

I really don't see the point of buying a Fitbit sense if you're not going to wear it everyday and overnight to make use of all the features. Many of the features require you to wear it for 7 days or even 14 days to get proper results. 

I have been wearing mine for a year every single day, 23 hours a day and it's in perfect shape. They're built tough. But if you are that concerned about the screen I would suggest spending 10 bucks on any screen protector so you can actually use it as intended and get your money's worth. Sure, you have to remove it to do a scan. But it will keep your Fitbit safe the rest of the time and looking brand new. And it will end your buyers remorse after you see all the cool features that start to show up after you've been wearing it constantly instead of just during a workout.

My husband uses the CAVN brand covers from Amazon and they look great. He works as a delivery driver for Amazon and smashes his watch into things frequently so he needed it more as protection from smashing or cracking the glass. 

Best Answer

As @eezeepee points out, both EDA and ECG require the user to touch the metal frame. 

I don't completely understand how EDA and holding the palm over works, so I did a test. 

I covered the screen completely with a piece of paper, and had no EDA issues. 

Best Answer