Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe and Sense - setting off store anti-theft

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chiming in a few years late with my new Luxe. I have noticed this happening and it’s starting to drive me crazy!

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED - It was not the fibit:   I just need to leave this update.  After setting off store anti-theft alarms for weeks, today I decided to walk in without wearing my fitbit luxe.  I was shocked that the alarm still went off!  After several minutes of testing several items in my possession I learned that the security tag for my wallet which was purchased the same time as my fitbit had not been removed.  I'm embarrassed that I didn't thoroughly check everything before I blamed the fibit.  Thanks for your willingness to help.  🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @CarlyinCarolina  how strange. Any certain store or alarm system that you're setting off?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today it was The Paper Store. At my library— where I work, so I come and go a lot— the alarm doesn’t go off, but my watch always vibrates and tries to open the Wallet app when I walk through. Yesterday I believe it was Walmart, if I’m remembering correctly… If not there, then it was another place I stopped but can’t remember!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarlyinCarolina  if there was a prize, you have won it. How strange. I've asked a moderator to stop by to see if they know anything about this. Wonder if putting your Fitbit on DND would help when going though the alarms.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Odyssey13 . Thank you for your help and informing us about this thread. 

@CarlyinCarolina , Nice to see you here. Thank you for messages. 

The suggestion from Odyssey13, to put the Sense in Don't Disturb Mode , is a very good one. This could help us isolate what is causing the alarms to go off.

Also if you haven't done so, try restarting your Sense

If this doesn't improve the situation, try uninstalling the Wallet app and reinstalling it again, as well to setup your cars again too. OpenHow do I use the Wallet?

How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

My fitbit sense is also setting off the security in local grocery stores. At one store,  the anti theft alarms went off when I came in empty handed and when I left.  Most recently,  I put the watch on do not disturb and it didn't go off when I entered but did when I left. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My brand new Luxe is doing the same thing at my grocery store.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Allisonkamp @Barbara913 , A warm welcome to the Community Thank you for your reports and efforts.  Could you confirm if by uninstalling the wallet app the situation still happens?

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never installed the wallet app and I can't find it anywhere on my device or fitbit app on my phone in my attempt to uninstall.  Would it have been installed by the factory?  

Best Answer

Follow up:  I tested the 'restart' and 'do not disturb' method this morning and neither resolved the issue.  I did speak to the store clerk and she said that the store's sensors were very sensitive and they go off 'if someone has a piece of metal in their pocket'.  So it's probably due to the store's settings.  It happened in both locations of that grocery chain, but no where else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit   Wallet isn't listed in the list of apps, so I don't see any way to uninstall it.  It is in it own small tile along with the Voice Assistant, Gallery and Media.  Do you have another suggestion?

I also want to add that Fitbits have sporadically set off store alarms even before Fitbit Pay was introduced.  It even happened with the Blaze.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Barbara913 , Thank you for your messages and further efforts. 

@LZeeW , Nice to see you around. Thank you for your remark about uninstalling the wallet app . My mistake, but this applies for Luxe users. . 

I've informed our team so that they can have a closer look at this and maybe get some more information. 

I'll be happy to share it here with all of you as soon as I receive it. 

Hope it will be solved soon. 

Best Answer

SOLVED - It was not the fibit:   I just need to leave this update.  After setting off store anti-theft alarms for weeks, today I decided to walk in without wearing my fitbit luxe.  I was shocked that the alarm still went off!  After several minutes of testing several items in my possession I learned that the security tag for my wallet which was purchased the same time as my fitbit had not been removed.  I'm embarrassed that I didn't thoroughly check everything before I blamed the fibit.  Thanks for your willingness to help.  🙂

Best Answer

@Barbara913 , Nice to see you back. Thank you for your update. I'm glad that you got the reason of the alarms and that the Luxe wasn't it. 

Don't worry and no need to apologize. Things happen. 

Please visit our discussion forums. There you will find several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, or better sleep and share lots of tips. They will be happy to meet you there.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes