Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit is not counting the floors I climb.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is not counting the floors I climb. I go up and down the same stairs in my house, and I’m lucky if it counts one out of five times. I make sure I walk a bit before I go up the stairs, and I walk to the end of the hall before I go down the stairs The stairs come in two flights (split level), but they are close together and previous Fitbits have measured it accurately. Climbing stairs and setting a goal of 15 flights a day is a huge motivator for me, and it is very discouraging not to be able to count them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ocanada73 I forget, it's 10 or 12 feet you have to go up continuously. No hesitation. I have to go up the basement steps, turn and go up the back landing steps, and raise my hand overhead at the top for best chance of floors at home.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @ocanada73  only going up counts. You try restarting the device? With my old Blaze, I would get into the habit of waving when I reached the top of the stairs. Wonder if that would help you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Yes, I know that only going up counts! I have tried putting my Fitbit hand
up in the air when I reach the top so it thinks I reached a higher
elevation, but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference. I will try it
again though. And I have not tried resetting my device, so thank you for
that suggestion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ocanada73 I forget, it's 10 or 12 feet you have to go up continuously. No hesitation. I have to go up the basement steps, turn and go up the back landing steps, and raise my hand overhead at the top for best chance of floors at home.  

Best Answer

10. At least I'm not the only one waving @MarkMM 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Holding my arm up with the Fitbit on it once I hit the top step, and leaving it up as I walk down the hall and back to the stairs to go down, works. But that’s pathetic. My last Fitbit counted those same sets of stairs as one floor, every time. They need to fix that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem with my versa 3 not counting floors climbed. I’ve have 3 other fitbits (versas & others) over the years and all of them counted my steps climbed with no issue. I have messaged support several times, get told I’m being sent to a higher support person, then radio silence. 

Best Answer
0 Votes