Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sense battery drains 25% per hour

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a new Fitbit sense Wednesday December 8th, and now my battery drains at the rate of 25% per hour. It has to be charged multiple times per day. It is literally less functional than an analog watch.

The first 2 days were fine, then on the 3rd day it had difficulty syncing to my phone. It would show up, then disappear, then reappear and blink pairing for less than a second but not pair.  Since trouble shooting the Bluetooth connection and making a pair it has drained at the rate of approx 25% per hour or a percent every couple of minutes.

I have read hundreds of threads about battery draining on here and Reddit  and have tried every trouble shooting step I could find including the following -

Restarting the fitbit

Restarting the Fitbit 3x in a row

Factory resetting the Fitbit 

Disconnecting the bluetooth on my phone

Replacing the device in the Fitbit app

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app

Force closing the Fitbit app

Factory resetting and installing the app and doing everything in the same order as when it first came out of the box

The Fitbit is running the latest firmware 44.128.6.12

Phone is Google Pixel 6 Pro Android 12

This device is absolutely useless and this has been one of the worst, most frustrating purchases I have ever made.

I am going to borrow an iOS device today and factory reset everything again and start from scratch as a last resort. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Jayc0re85,

First off, I wanted to say thank you for all the troubleshooting you've already done.  It really helps us guide you in the right direction.

Second, unless you have a lot of notifications set to go off on your watch, the app and the watch really have nothing to do with each other's battery drain.  Now, if you have it connected to the phone's Bluetooth all day, that's a different issue.  To conserve the battery, you'll want to limit notifications on the watch to only those you absolutely need and limit your Bluetooth usage.  I only turn mine on in the car or when I'm going to someplace that's really loud where I might not hear my phone ring.

Third, and what strikes me as odd is the percentage level that the battery is draining at.  Even assuming that you don't make any changes I suggested, it shouldn't be draining that fast.  If it still drains that quickly after you use the iPhone, then you need to take it back to the place you originally got it and ask for an exchange, as the battery should not be draining that quickly.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer