Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sense, should I switch to Versa 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa bit the dust on Thanksgiving Day and I decided to order the Sense on Black Friday from QVC. Had been so excited and received it yesterday. I chose it for the ECG and stress features. Got it charged, updated and set up last night. Had ordered a leather band from amazon as the plastic bands always irritate my skin, and received a plastic case that snaps over it but didn't really think much about it. I always kept a glass screen protector on my versa and had thought I'd use the plastic and then order a glass one for the sense, but evidently they aren't available. And I've learned the stress feature and maybe some other ones require the metal surrounding the face to work, so the plastic cover would have to be taken off. And also that the screen scratches and breaks easily. SOOO, should I return and get the Versa 3 or possibly the Charge 5? Can anyone help me? Thanks so much in advance!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @donnakayd welcome, I think your concern about the "Sense" screen is misplaced, I've had mine for 11 months now. I wear it swimming every day, gardening and general activities, I do not use a protector of any kind. The screen is a "custom AMOLED display, laser-bonded Corning Gorilla Glass 3". There have been a few reports of the screen becoming detached (apparently a manufacturing fault) from the device but "Customer Support" replace these devices suffering major hardware failure as you might expect. Enjoy your "Sense".

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Evidently the issues of the glass would be the same with the Versa 3, and I can only find it for $20 less than Sense, so going to keep for a few days and if I decide to exchange will be for Versa 2 or Charge 5. I will keep watching forums and post back when I decide, but please if anyone has any information to help me I'd appreciate it.  

Best Answer

Hi, @donnakayd welcome, I think your concern about the "Sense" screen is misplaced, I've had mine for 11 months now. I wear it swimming every day, gardening and general activities, I do not use a protector of any kind. The screen is a "custom AMOLED display, laser-bonded Corning Gorilla Glass 3". There have been a few reports of the screen becoming detached (apparently a manufacturing fault) from the device but "Customer Support" replace these devices suffering major hardware failure as you might expect. Enjoy your "Sense".

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your reply. I was hoping someone with knowledge to help me. I have decided to keep it and hoping it will be ok. I am not hard on electronics but I always have screen protectors and cases. Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes