Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piece of the band is stuck in Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hoping there is an easy solution - my Sense strap just separated from the plastic insert or hub I think it's called.  It's stuck in the watch and I am not sure how to remove it in order to insert it back into the strap so I can then re-attach it to the watch.

Hoping this is an easy fix and ideally, a quick fix too so I can use it tomorrow.

Thanks & Happy New year all!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jaks1212. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for your efforts while working on this situation. While I'm glad you were able to remove the piece stuck in your Sense, I'm sorry you've had this inconvenience and let me encourage you to contact our Support team if this happens again. That way, they can evaluate your options and see what can be done to bring you back on track. You can get connected with them via chat or phone, just click here.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I fixed it!  With a little help from a kitchen paring knife...first tried tweezers but couldn't get a grip.  If you try a knife, be sure to be careful & extra cautious.  I held the plastic piece against the counter and used small flicking motions till it came out.😃

Best Answer

Hi @jaks1212. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for your efforts while working on this situation. While I'm glad you were able to remove the piece stuck in your Sense, I'm sorry you've had this inconvenience and let me encourage you to contact our Support team if this happens again. That way, they can evaluate your options and see what can be done to bring you back on track. You can get connected with them via chat or phone, just click here.

Best Answer

I have this same-problem and cannot seem to fix it. I am very frustrated as the major problem I have had with all the Fitbit devices I've owned  (Versa, Ionic, Sense) have been with the wristband. This is a pretty new device and was a gift, so I'm not even sure how to. check if it's under warrantee or not. Can you please help? Thanks

Best Answer

Hi there, @Beth8791.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know about your Sense. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. I'm sorry you've had this experience with your previous Fitbit devices and please know your feedback won't be taken for granted.

In regards to your current watch, let me recommend contacting our Support team so they can investigate your details and bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Every time I take my watch off, the piece gets stuck on the wrong side and I have to keep popping it out and putting it back in to the other side of the watch strap, before putting it back on. I got the watch less than 6 months ago (about February of this year). Really frustrated...

Best Answer

Hi there, @DarkLumi.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your experience with your Sense. I understand how frustrating this can be and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team constantly works to improve our devices and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process, rest assured your feedback won't go unnoticed.

I went ahead to check your details and I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
I fixed the problem after hours of trying to find a tool that could grip or nudge the piece out. For me the trick was to work from one of the edges. It was really quite annoying. Now I am using the long band that doesn’t really fit my wrist but will eventually have to get the right size.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you @LizzyFitbit for your reply. The claim process was really easy, quick, and user friendly. I got the sports band (free replacement) and it's much better. I highly recommend this route for anyone having this issue.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Beth8791 and @DarkLumi.

@Beth8791 Thanks for your efforts, and I'm sorry the large band doesn't fit right on your wrist. As mentioned before, I'd suggest contacting our Support team so they can see what can be done to help you with this matter. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@DarkLumi You're welcome! Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm glad you got a replacement. I hope you can keep crushing your goals with your Sense. 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked! Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Edensjasmine.

I'm glad you sorted this out, and thanks for trying the suggestions shared in this thread. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit the Health & Wellness board where you can share your story, make new friends and start your own topics. Have a good one! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Sense less than 3 months ago and a piece of the band is stuck in the slot. Is there a warranty to replace the unit? I've been trying to remove the stuck piece but it's just stuck. Some improvements are needed on the bands

Best Answer

Hi there, @favo.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting us know about your Sense. I'm sorry you've had this experience with the band. I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created with our Support team. I'm sure they'll continue helping you, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for posting your strap question and fix.  Really helped me.  I was afraid to start digging after tweezers did not work.

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @jilllibean.

Thanks for joining this thread and following the suggestions shared here. By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, create your own topics and find encouragement from other members.

Have an awesome day!

Best Answer
0 Votes