Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen stuck on Blue Fitbit symbol

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense screen shows the Fitbit blue symbol and will not change nor shutdown. This happened after an overnight charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Did you have an update overnight? If so many of us have been dealing with the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any resolution? Mine is also stuck on the fitbit logo.  This is the third time, fitbit has sent me a replacement🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

After dealing with support for an hour and a half they decided my sense was broken after their update. It was almost 2 years old so instead of replacement they offered 35% off something new. Haven't decided if I want to stay with something that screws up when updated.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your experience with their support team (my Sense is also kaput). Sounds like an engineered obsolescence situation. Get us all to switch to their newest device. 😕 

Best Answer

I was asked to go ahead and start the update. But it is still trying to download. I am getting no where here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also stuck on a blue screen just middle of the day after being update 30 hours bevor

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also did the update and it has rendered my watch useless.  Stuck with the blue logo screen.   I have done every possible “fix” recommended and nothing has worked.  
I just contacted customer service and they are attempting to assist me with the problem.  
Thank you to all that have posted about the problem.  I thought it was just me. 

Best Answer

I got the same response. It may be time to move in. Especially considering the problem was likely caused in their end. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m really frustrated with the situation. I’m considering switching to another product as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything including the factory reset below and this was their response this morning when I messaged them on Twitter.  I'm beyond frustrated.

Fitbit:

Thanks for the photo and email address. Let's perform a factory reset as detailed below. Afterward, set it up following the steps at http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873.htm#How. Please note that a factory reset erases all apps, cards in your wallet, and unsynced data from your watch, so don't forget to sync beforehand: IMPORTANT: Don’t plug the watch into the charging cable. 1. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 2. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration. 3. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again. 4. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears. 5. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it again, until you feel a vibration. 6. After you feel the vibration, release the button. This vibration indicates you've started the factory reset. 7. After the Fitbit logo appears, you should see an image with the phone icon and setup indicator. Now you can set it up as previously instructed.

Me:  Sends them screenshot of watch still stuck on blue screen and my receipt from when I purchased the product.

Fitbit:

Thanks for the screenshot and details. After reviewing your account, we see that your Sense is no longer in the warranty period, and therefore isn’t eligible for replacement. For more information about our warranty policy, visit http://fitbit.com/returns. We want to keep you in the Fitbit family and working toward your goals. Please accept a discount toward the purchase of a new device on http://fitbit.com. You'll receive a separate email message with more details about how to take advantage of your discount. Thanks for staying in the Fitbit family #happystepping.

Me:
The watch was working fine before the update and other people are having the same problem as evidenced online. I will not be purchasing another Fitbit because of a simple update issue. I will also cancel my Fitbit Premium membership.

Fitbit:
We're sorry to hear your decision. While we can't comment on other customer's experiences due to privacy concern, we take your feedback seriously and this will help us improve our products moving forward. We hope you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit:  Finally got Factory reset to work, but it shut off the watch and then when I plugged into charger again, it gave me a red X, I was able to repair the Sense but having this amount of trouble with an update is unacceptable.  I will switch to another brand of smartwatch soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for your post! After doing the exact same process for a factory reset for the last two days with no success…. I saw your update and decided to give it one more shot. Same exact thing happened to me. This time the reset worked and I got the Red X as well. From there I was able to do the update. So thankful to have my watch back and the problem fixed for now but it shouldn’t have been this hard to complete an update.
Thank you again for your update as it gave me the hope to try again. And thank you to all that have posted about their experiences as well.
Best Answer

Mine seems to be behaving itself, too, but it took three cycles of the factory reset protocol described above (triple squeeze!) before it finally started to wake up again. I'd also tried uninstalling the app, killing Bluetooth and restarting the phone, etc. Anyhoo... hopefully this puppy should last long enough to break through a few more watch-bands. Ha!

Best Answer