Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Firmware Update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/11/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is now available to all customers.

Update 12/8/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is currently in progress. Full release notes can be found here.

Update 11/25/2020: OS 5.1 (44.128.4.15) is now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Announcing the release of Fitbit OS Firmware Update 5.1 (44.128.4.15)!

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

Important Note: You will need to be on the latest app: iOS 3.34 or Android 3.34.1 in order to view the latest features. Please update your app.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense can be found here.

I recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317
Yes, I believe so, if it ever arrives.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What's fixed in 5.1.1 ? 

Best Answer

@DonRW where have you found out about? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit where can we find the 5.1.1 changelog?

Best Answer

@Rinopopo 

Here

And as usual the changelog can't be anything other than 

"This release includes bug fixes and improvements."

Best Answer

Only thing this new update has done for me is cause me to have to factory reset the watch twice because it just decided to quit pairing to my Pixel 4 XL. I was so frustrated with this watch earlier I almost threw it in the trash.. Makes me miss my Active Watch 2 for sure. The Sense is a buggy mess that should've never been released until next year. That's just the truth. Fitbit fix your bugs! Text to speech is completely broken for me. I got it to work once today.....once.  Using Google Assistant or should I say a half-way implemented Google Assistant that doesn't even talk and can't send texts or make calls from the watch. I mean why even add it?  Fitbit Sense will be my last Fitbit period. Can't even store music on the thing. And calls suck because the speaker volume is so low.

BW
Best Answer

Did you try deleting Sense Controls from your phone's Bluetooth connections?

@Reganviola wrote:

Since the update firmware, my Sense won't sync. I've uninstalled the app, unpaired the sense, tried on another device. NOTHING. HELP?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the google assistant roll-out for Australia begin. I imagine shut down for Christmas will begin soon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would seem that they have enabled health metrics section also for no premium service subscribers (with only monthly view restriction) 

Best Answer

I'm trying to update to 5.1.1 and I just get a white screen  and it just keeps hanging on there doing nothing. 

Best Answer

I noticed that.  However, it's not displaying data for the breathing rate (BR) or heart rate variability (HRV).  All other fields are populated which is strange.  It is day one for this latest update I guess.  See what's displayed tomorrow.

Best Answer

Google Assistant seems to be working in UK for me, just set-up and having a play. Must have been activated in last few days/today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IanPike have you installed the last 5.1.1 update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ripez Not sure, this is what I have:

Sense Firmware: 44.128.4.15

Fitbit app on Android : 3.35

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IanPike ok, so not the last update. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All health metric fields populated this morning.  Looking good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

installed 5.1.1 earlier this afternoon.  One thing has changed, and that is Google Assistant is now available.  I am in Aus and it was not available until now, so this answers your question niknaksdaman.  At this stage, can't see anything else different.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where's the change log for the .17 update? I was on the .15 update until yesterday now I'm on the update that ends in .17. But it doesn't tell what it was for our what, if anything, was fixed. I'm asking because this watch is so buggy. Hoping y'all can sort it out.

BW
Best Answer

I'm also curious what was fixed. I've noticed since the 5.1 update that introduced Google Assistant and answering calls from wrist, ever since that update while the Today section is much more responsive and some of the lag has improved, now it isn't as responsive to the swipe down for notifications. Occasionally i'll swipe down over and over and can't get notifications to appear, it just treats it as if i tapped on the screen and changes the stats to display. Minor nuisance but still annoying. The "tap to wake" responsiveness was slightly improved with 5.1 but still doesn't work great. Overall thus far I don't notice any difference between 5.1.1 and 5.1 (I just got latest 5.1.1 update today and installed) so if it fixed any bugs it isn't anything on the UI that im aware of

Best Answer

Yes, that is when my syncing issues began.

--

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes