Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense - Removed device from account & tried to add again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the update on Thursday, my Sense would not sync at all with the app. I did a hard reset on the Sense, turned Bluetooth on and off, uninstall the app & reinstalled it, restarted my phone.

After a day of trying this process over & over, I decided to delete the Sense from my account & reinstalled it.

It picks up the Sense, the code is generated on my Sense for setup...and then it doesn't go further. The options are the above. I am in a loop trying to reinstall my Sense & get it to sync. Any help would be appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Ansuyah, welcome to the community, you may be interested in these articles How do Fitbit devices sync their data? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync? I apologise if you have already checked them out. You do not mention the make and model of the mobile phone you are using, I think the minimum OS may have been changed recently - you need to be running Android 10 or newer or iOS 14 or newer. Details are here .

You should also check that any battery-saving function on your phone is disabled for the Fitbit app (I do not know how to reach this on an Apple phone) on an Android phone go to the Fitbit app in the app tray>settings>Fitbit>battery and set manage battery usage at unrestricted, return to your home screen. Some phones treat the Fitbit app as non-essential and put it to sleep while we need it to run constantly in the background.

I hope this helps but if you are still stuck please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gr4ndp4 Thanks for your reply. I have a Samsung S22 Ultra...I did a factory reset on the Sense and reinstalled as if brand new & it now works. Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes