Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Stopped Sending Phone Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Without warning my Sense stopped sending phone notifications and I have verified all settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Oakly1860 Hello!  Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Can you let us know what phone you are using?  

I know you said you checked all settings, but did you make sure you don't have Do Not Disturb accidentally enabled on your Sense?  Swipe right on your Sense screen and make sure the icon with the circle and the - sign is greyed out.  Page 20 of the user manual describes this as well.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped sending texts.  Still get phone calls.  Tried everything short remove and reinstall app. I figure everything else works and I don’t want to screw it up. I heard of others having issues once they remove app and reinstall. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started working again. Intermittent with a mind of it’s own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll add my comment to those who have expressed Serious Frustration about the on-going problem with notifications, connection, syncing, etc. I've had three Fit-Bits and I'm sorry that I spent almost $300 for this Sense. It seems UNSTABLE! I've followed tech support instructions with little or no improvement. Very Frustrating. I hope that Mr/Ms FitBit is reading some of these comments and I hope that they actually do something that will improve the customer experience.

Best Answer

I was just texting and realized when you have the sms open and texting, incoming texts will not hit the watch. I texted someone and then went to the phone Home Screen.  Then next text reply hit the watch.  So unbeknownst to me. If your texting someone, a reply text will not hit the watch. Makes sense (no pun intended).  Why would you need to be notified if you are in the middle of texting? You would see it on your phone!! Epiphany to me, basic logic to others.  This was the intermittent functioning I thought I was experiencing. Duh 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications are not sent by the sense, but are sent by the phone. It really would be helpful to know what model phone that you have so that we can give instruction for your apple or android device. 

Please see the setup guide

Tips for both types. Make sure notifications show up in text on the phones lock screen. Phone can not be in DND. Android can not have its volume off. IOS has to have previews enabled. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem with my Sense watch.  Almost a week ago now the watch no longer receives notifications for any of the enabled apps, including text messages.  I do still receive phone call alerts.  My phone is a Galaxy Note 9.  I have not changed any permissions or remember there being any updates to software on my phone or the watch.  I have already tried the following with no luck in getting text and other app notifications:

• removing the Sense from my Fitbit account and adding it back (+ confirming all permissions for notifications are still in place)
  • uninstalling the fitbit app (+ confirming all permissions for notifications are still in place)
  • restarting the watch (and my phone) numerous times
  • removing sense from bluetooth and readding
  • turning bluetooth on and off (along with restarting watch during this process)
  • confirmed that fitbit is excluded from battery optimization
  • made sure battery optimization is turned off on my phone
  • neither the watch nor my phone have DND or sleep mode turned on
  • Fitbit app has full permissions for everything
  • installed and ran the SimpleCheckUp app on my watch - everything came back as working properly
  • text aren't sent with my android volume on or off
  • Doesn't matter if the texting app is closed

I've had connection issues since I got the Sense watch, but it's normally resolved itself in a couple minutes... not over days. It is really frustrating that a watch that cost this much is having so many issues and there isn't a help thread with more details on what Fitbit is doing to fix the issue for good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cthrn00 - thank you for the post it would seem to be a bug in the latest Fitbit App.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes