Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery depleting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I need some assistance. Ever since the last firmware update, my Sense's battery drops drastically overnight. An example from this week. My Sense was charged to 93% and had dropped to 89% when I was getting ready to turn in. When I woke the next morning, it was at 58% battery. This didn't happen before. The only change is the firmware update. Is this a known issue? This has happened consistently for about two weeks now, where it loses about 30% battery life overnight. I've tried restarting, disconnecting and reconnecting. Is this a known issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LuLu_88.

Seeing as it seems you are experiencing the drain over night I'd recommend checking to see if the SpO2 app is installed on your Sense. You can do this by opening the Fitbit app on your phone - tapping on your profile picture - tap on Sense - tap on the gallery tile - the Sense tab should be selected at the top - scroll down and look for SpO2. If it's installed (and you don't use this feature) I'd recommend uninstalling it as this is a big overnight battery drainer.

Also check to see if snore detection is disabled (another big night time battery drain). Go to the today tab in the fitbit app (the main dashboard) - scroll down and tap on the sleep tile - tap on the gear icon in the top right corner - scroll down to snore & noise detection and confirm the toggle is set to off. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @LuLu_88.

Seeing as it seems you are experiencing the drain over night I'd recommend checking to see if the SpO2 app is installed on your Sense. You can do this by opening the Fitbit app on your phone - tapping on your profile picture - tap on Sense - tap on the gallery tile - the Sense tab should be selected at the top - scroll down and look for SpO2. If it's installed (and you don't use this feature) I'd recommend uninstalling it as this is a big overnight battery drainer.

Also check to see if snore detection is disabled (another big night time battery drain). Go to the today tab in the fitbit app (the main dashboard) - scroll down and tap on the sleep tile - tap on the gear icon in the top right corner - scroll down to snore & noise detection and confirm the toggle is set to off. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
Thank you so much for those tips! Snore detection was enabled, so I
disabled it. SpO2 was off. I'll give it another charge this morning and see
how it goes tonight, then report back. Thanks again! ☺️
Best Answer

Fingers crossed this solves the issue. Last time I tried snore detection the battery drain was ridiculous (the microphone is open all night), so I'm hopeful this will make a difference for you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
Oh, I had no idea! That is insane. I'm sure this will fix the issue, then.
Best Answer

@N8teGee, that did the trick! Battery is still at 86% this morning. Thank you so much for the advice! 

Best Answer

You're welcome @LuLu_88, no problem at all. Glad to hear it's all working as expected now. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh wow, turned off my snore detector, hopefully that will fix my battery draining problem too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Misti73 It should be noticeable. In my testing, with Snore/noise and SpO2 on, it would drain as much as 20% overnight in 7 hours. With just SpO2, 6-8% overnight in the same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes