Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My fitbit Sense is three days old and the battery has already needed recharging. I don't have any notifications (email, phone, health) on and don't have the display on always on. I turned GPS off all the exercise tracking options. Which leads me to question why I bought a smartwatch that needs all the smart options turned off to deliver promised battery life. The battery has already drained 12% in seven hours. At this rate I will need to charge this six day battery every two days.

I am so disappointed. I am regretting this purchase already. 

Any insight or help is appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

Hi @HSS79. It's always great to see you here.

That's a great suggestion and it'd definitely help many members to check the battery levels and evaluate which of the features users are impacting the most on the watch's battery life. I'd encourage you to post this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so other Community members can show their support by adding their votes and it can get the attention of our development team. To learn more about this board, visit our FAQs.

See you around.

Best Answer

Same. My battery lasts 2 days max and I haven’t even set everything up on it yet!! Also disappointing that the pay feature only applies to certain banks in the uk (none of which I am with). Biggest mistake buying this watch. Should’ve gone with an Apple Watch 😞 

Best Answer

Thanks for the help (about the battery).  I like the Sp02 face (and that data it gives).  I would rather not have to change it.  *I think it causes others things to not work (besides just draining the battery).  Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi @Clairebee123, welcome to the Community Forums. @MG262, it's good to see you again.

@Clairebee123, thanks for joining this thread and I'm sorry that your Sense isn't holding charge correctly. I understand how you're feeling about not being able to use your watch or the Fitbit Pay feature, please know that every feedback posted in the forums never goes unnoticed. I've contacted our Support team and forwarded your post so they can take a look and help you with your watch. Note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

@MG262, thanks for checking the information shared in my post. While the SpO2 can be displayed on the Health Metrics tile if the clock face is used, you can still receive sleep details and other data in the Fitbit app. However, I understand your point of view and you can always reply back if you have another question.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can turn off the GPS but not on the app.  In a very not smart move Google removed the option to manage exercises and shortcuts for the Sense in the app--It is gone.  It is still there for the other watches.

On the Sense swipe left and tap on exercises then for each individual exercise swipe down and turn off the GPS.   I just hope they reintroduce the option to manage the exercises and shortcuts on the app--it's inconvenient and ridiculous.

Best Answer

But I don’t want to remove all the different features on the watch (I like the gps to track my walks). I bought this watch because of all these features so if I have to remove it all because of poor battery life, it was totally pointless me buying it 😞

Best Answer

I have found that with the latest OS update, the battery does drain more.  Prior to the update I would get 5 days, now I'm at 4 days.  I suspect that it has to do with the SPO2 running in the background all the time now, versus with a specific clock face before the update.

Fitbit does have some work to do optimising the OS to improve the battery life.  As usual, the best we can hope for is that the next OS update fixes this issue.

Overall, I am happy with my Sense.  The charging time is quick, so I don't mind charging ever 4 days.

Best Answer

Hi @alex-w@Clairebee123 and @MattJ71. It's nice to have you on board.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, I'm sorry that your Sense isn't holding charge correctly. Let me explain that the battery life will depend on how frequent its features are used. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, but just to take into consideration the features that impact the battery life, such as tracking SpO2, using an animated clock face, tracking GPS continuously or having the Always-On Display function enabled. To know more about how to maximize the battery life of your watch, please see this help article.

If after following those tips your Sense's battery continues draining, let me know so I can investigate and help you out.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue and I have changed Murillo every setting to see if that improves the battery life to no avail.  Mine lasts 3 days max!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @haddadgeorge. Welcome. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry that your Sense battery isn't lasting enough and I've contacted our Support team on your behalf so they can create a case and provide you with further assistance. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

Happy holidays! 🎄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Have noticed that on my Fitbit Versa. I was almost convinced I needed to change the device until I changed the clock face and battery life went back to normal!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t get three days without charging it.  I am using the sp02 face thing.  What is Fitbit doing about this?  I just got this for Christmas and can’t use the feature I want.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here and the company all they suggested is to shut most wanted features so that battery can last 6 days!!! False advertisement at its best.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm lucky to get 24 hours before the battery runs out. I'm not using the GPS or any of the exercise functions. I mainly use it as a watch and like the notifications. I bought this watch because my old Alta was dying after 1.5 days.. but this is not worth the hefty price tag.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I bought my sense on 26th december and i have had to charge it 3 times since purchase. It is actually worse than my charge 4. I have nothing turned on other than message notifications. The clock face is the one i can add my own photo too.

Any suggestions? For $400 i was hoping for longer battery and be able to use more functions

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was losing my battery fast (3 days using it normally), tried a heap of faces, didnt seem to make any difference. But giving the one you mentioned - Altas - a go now. Battery seems to not be going as fast, dropped 2% in 3hrs. But its a **ahem** shame if we're limited to one clockface.

I got the Sense to replace my Samsung Galaxy watch, because it was giving me around 3-4 days. Was hoping for 6 or more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just want to add my two cents: my battery was draining about 10% per day...the last few weeks (since update) was at 30% a day.  Then the last two days it drained completely after a day.  My alarm didn't go off because it died in the middle of the night!  I uninstalled the Sp02 tracker, disabled Assistant turned off the microphone.  In the last day, it only drained 15% so I hope that solved the issue.  BUT it would be a shame if we cannot use these features because the battery drains to quickly.  I would like to be able to use assistant and Sp02, and it's one of the reasons I paid extra for the Sense tracker.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am in the same boat. One of the main reasons I got the sense is because of SpO2 and Other health related features. Otherwise it would be a highly overpriced watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my sense less than 2 weeks ago. It died in the middle of the night so I charged it around 930pm and put it back on at 930am then took a nap. It is now 1:43pm and its already at 78%, literally using 2% in the 5 minutes it took me to get my laptop! I turned off all notifications, I'm using a lignite.io clock face, I'm not using starbucks, etc.

I'm returning this, it honestly makes no sense. Smh!

Best Answer
I wish I can return it too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer