Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery keeps draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is going with the sense battery life?? I have to charge it like every other day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@CrazyCanuckian  - did you do a watch [and phone] Shutdown and disable phone's Bluetooth.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@CrazyCanuckian That sounds like a syncing or connection drain. I lose only 7-9% overnight with 7 hours and that's with SpO2 on. If I turn on snore and noise, it's 18-20% during the same time period.

Have you tried removing your Sense and adding it again? Restarting both your phone and the Sense?

Best Answer

@CrazyCanuckian I feel ya, definitely frustrating.  I've been a Fitbit user for the past decade and pretty familiar with settings.  When you have  NO issues with battery life, then all of a sudden do, I know it's not my settings. Turning off features can help troubleshoot, but honestly will not solve my issue because you're taking away the reasons why I selected/wear the Fitbit in the first place.  However, (knock on wood) I've had very good experiences with customer service with every issue I've had.   

Like you, I've had many different versions of the Fitbit over the years - I'm honestly finding the "lower end" trackers are the most reliable.  I'm upset because I paid 3-hundo for the Sense when it first came out and it didn't even last me 6 months before I had to get it replaced (under warranty).  Then it died on me last week - charge wasn't even lasting 3/4 of a day.  I don't know why I keep buying more, but I'm now wearing the Charge 5 and actually finding it way more accurate than the Sense.  I do miss the smartwatch option, but I cannot justify spending a couple hundred on another tracker that won't last me more than a couple years. 

Nothing new to add to the convo other than - I feel your pain.  🙂

Best Answer

Restarted my Sense and phone many times over the 40 days of owning my Sense.  I just decided to call FitBit support and they could see that "My Sense's battery was defective" and offered me the option of a full refund (since it was less than 45 days - I bought direct from FitBit) or a warranty replacement.  Initially I thought of a refund, but since I bought mine on a boxing day sale, I opted for the warranty replacement.  

I suggest you all call FitBit support for options to fix this issue, especially if you have battery issues under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Honulii Thanks for the Charge 5 suggestion.  I had some screen issues with my Charge 3 and had it replaced a couple of times.  I do like the colour screen on the Charge 5 and may go back to a fitness tracker, forgoing a "smart watch".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cool but I think it was part of the battery problem 

Best Answer

@CrazyCanuckian I actually just got my father the Charge 5. You just missed a good sale on Amazon for $119.25.

Best Answer

Why should I have to disable everything to use my device.  This is a complete waste of my life this stupid device. None of the functions I want work.  I go to pick up a call and have to run to my phone.  It can sometimes/maybe "find my phone."  Battery life, so disappointing.  I hate it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shillxyz Welcome to the Fitbit community.

Did you contact customer support about your Sense issues? Looks like you just started here in this forum. What functions do you want to use that you're unable to? And are you on iOS or Android?

FYI: This forum is a little strange in that even if you do want to reply to a specific person, it doesn't copy quote who or what they said. It's best if you mentioned them with an @ like I did for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for your continued reports, and efforts while working on this matter. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, please know the feedback shared by our members never goes unnoticed as it helps us to improve our devices, services and overall Fitbit experience.

Before anything else, let me clarify that the steps shared in this thread were suggested since that has helped other members. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't use any feature, but just for you to take them into consideration as with any electronic device, certain features will impact the battery life, specially if they're regularly used.

That being said, if the tips described in this help article weren't of help, I'd recommend contacting our Support team. They have specialized tools which will allow them to investigate your watch's behavior, as well as evaluate your options. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer