Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense discharged from 70% to dead in less than 5 hours overnight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense has been acting up a bit lately. Churning on stairs and heartbeat recording at 60bpm. Last night went to bed with 70% charge. Got up 5 hours later and it was at 0%. Face always on is NOT active. Oxygen is not installed and snore detection is off as well. Same settings as every other night. It did not record any sleep, no rediness, nothing from 8 last night till I charged it this morning from 0%

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ken63  Nice to see you around.

Thanks for the details regarding your Sense and the inconvenience you've experiencing.

Before considering other options, and if you continue having the same difficulty, please try to perform a restart following the steps listed here, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. I would also recommend following all the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of data recorded. 

If your Sense is still experiencing battery drain, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Thanks @Guy_  for participating.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Ken63 - it might have a syncing problem and the 70% if seen in the app was from an earlier time.

It is best to use the swipe watch face to the right to get to Quick Settings to see the actual battery level when monitoring, as that is the most accurate.

However if your watch has been acting up or getting hot when charging [if so stop immediately] there could be a watch fault.

The best thing is to sync then restart it from the watch Settings menu Shutdown function. Wait at least 10 seconds before placing on the charger to restart it and charge it.

If it is still not working right a factory reset may be necessary, You can chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

However sudden rapid drain if it is doing it is normally a sign of internal damage, possibly from water accumulating inside,

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I charged it to 100% Sunday morning. I usually get about 4 days out of a charge. Contacts are clean I don’t swim and always take it off in the shower. There was not a warning email or notification that the battery was low either. No it doesn’t get hot when charging. Just weird. Do they do push updates? I checked and firmware is up to date.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ken63  Nice to see you around.

Thanks for the details regarding your Sense and the inconvenience you've experiencing.

Before considering other options, and if you continue having the same difficulty, please try to perform a restart following the steps listed here, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. I would also recommend following all the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of data recorded. 

If your Sense is still experiencing battery drain, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Thanks @Guy_  for participating.

Best Answer
0 Votes