Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense draining 25% to 0% in 5-6 hours

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense is often draining from 25-30% to zero in less than a night. I can tell from when my phone and email receive low battery indications to when the Sense stops recording my sleep. My firmware is up to date (version 44.128.6.12). I bought the device new in January 2022. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hornet1455 Welcome to the Fitbit community.

Pretty sure you have snore and noise detection on which does warn of the extra battery usage when on. Follow the guide that @Clove6060 for other tips.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Here are some good suggestions!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/How-to-resolve-the-Major-issues-causing-short-battery-life/m-p...

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

@Hornet1455 Welcome to the Fitbit community.

Pretty sure you have snore and noise detection on which does warn of the extra battery usage when on. Follow the guide that @Clove6060 for other tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clove6060 Thanks for the tips!

@eezeepee Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I do have snore detection enabled. Does this mean 30% battery drain in 5-6 hours -- on a device supposedly designed to run six days -- is a feature, not a bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery will drain overnight with snore detect on 23%.  Without snore detect on my battery depletes 20% in 24 hrs.  Battery usage depends on settings and features enabled. I saw that caveat somewhere in Fitbit literature.  

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hornet1455 Keep in mind most battery claims for devices are in ideal conditions and are more of a maximum battery life rather than an average.

I can get 4 whole days with these settings:
Brightness dim, screen wake motion and button, always-on display off, snore & noise detection off, SpO2 on.

The biggest battery drainers, especially overnight, are the snore & noise detection and SpO2, but more so the snore & noise. With it on, I lose around 20% over 7 hours of sleep. With that option off, I only lose around 6-8% over 7 hours of sleep. I had it on for over a week and I don't snore and noise is minimal so it wasn't worth the drain. If I turned off SpO2 I would definitely get 5-6 days. I keep that on because it's part of the health metrics.

Best Answer
0 Votes