Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense hasn't received firmware update 128.5.38

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The most recent update for the sense hasn’t appeared for me. I have the 128.4.17 version. I’ve checked for sense update and it says it’s up to date but the most current version is 128.5.38

Its been a month since an update on here was given that said the latest firmware update should be available to all customers. I’m still waiting on the update appear so I can update my watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

If you have an iPhone, go to the App Store and click on the person icon (top right), then swipe down. You should see it as an update option. Not sure about other phones. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

The best way to get the update is to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help force it to you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure that the fitbit app on the phone is up to date. 

Then if you do not see the option. 

Through the fitbit app. 

Tap your profile picture. 

Tap Help and Support

Tap Check for Sense Update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rich_Laue , that option always returns up-to-date. It's merely a cosmetic function. It never gets you an update.

Best Answer

I’ve tried the options mentioned above and it tells me my sense is up to date. My Fitbit app is up to date as well. I’ll try contacting Fitbit support instead, thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's nice to see you around and welcome to our new member, @GenesisG.

@GenesisG Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. Usually it takes a few days to receive a firmware update after setting up your watch for the first time. The Fitbit app will say your watch is updated unless you've been offered an update and it's still pending to install.

However, if you've had your Sense for more than I week and the update is still not available. I also agree that you should get in touch with our Support team so they can investigate what may be occurring and provide you with further assistance. Please click this link shared by @Guy_ to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@Clove6060@Guy_ and @Rich_Laue Thanks for your suggestions, your posts are very helpful!

Have a good day.

Best Answer

@Guy_ I noticed that this option was added, but have never been in a position of being able to test when I knew an update is beeping released. 

The last update I found out through the app first. 

That is why I asked, to see if this option actually would do something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  That's it, it's a dummy function they added.

It would be great if it performed something useful. At least the user would know an update was coming, but currently it always returns up-to-date.

Best Answer

I think it is more like they added this much requested function. Then an update quickly broke it. 

Personally I feel fitbit needs a seprate group that does nothing but bug testing. 

To many times it feels like the final user is the tester for bugs. 

Best Answer

Can't find a phone # for support.

Best Answer

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Before anything else, as mentioned above, the Check for device update button on the Fitbit app will prompt you to download the latest firmware as long as your Fitbit device has been offered with one. Because the new firmware update for the Sense is still rolling out, it's expected to see that everything is up-to-date. Your feedback is appreciated and we'll keep working on our functions and features.

@Richflex Thanks for joining this thread and please check the link shared by @Clove6060 to get connected with our Support team via chat or phone.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes