Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense heart rate inaccurate all of a sudden

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Sense for 2 and a half years now and been very happy with the functionality.  I've never had any issues or complaints about it until just the past week when suddenly, it stopped tracking my heart rate during exercise accurately.  I do regular walking and outdoor/indoor cycling workouts and know my average heart rate during each but now my Fitbit won't read higher than ninety to hundred ten bpm at any point during the workout when I know it's closer to one twenty five to one fifty five bpm.  I've tried moving it around on my wrist, tightening and loosing the band, cleaning the sensors, shutting my Sense down and rebooting, shutting my phone down and rebooting, next will be to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app but not sure if anyone else has experienced this at the same lifetime point of their Sense?

If you have any other suggestions on how I might correct this, I greatly appreciate the info.  Resting heart rate still seems accurate, this only seems to be an issue during exercise.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @CMichelle - I have had 3 Sense watches and none were accurate during exercise, it seems a common problem, reading either too high or too low. My Versa original is far more reliable but uses an older technology.

It is interesting that you got reasonable results previously, but either way there is no remedy to change measurement behaviour to be reliable during exercise, though it should still be reliable during rest.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, here are 2 screen shots of my weekly exercise, not even a month apart and it shows the huge variance in heart rate measured by my Sense, doing the same workouts.  

Screenshot_20230522_081808.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_081825.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this is applicable, but there was a new IOS fitbit release on 5/17. If you have an iPhone, it’s worth trying the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes