Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense is tracking my heart rate too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of this topic that I've found here are not shown to be the cause that was recently  in my situation.  I scrapped my left forearm and caused bleeding.  Some blood ran down my arm and under my watch.  I cleaned everything up and applied a bandage to the scrap.  I don't  pay much attention to the pulse reading on the watch,  but the next morning I noticed the pulse shown to be very high - 178!  I did a check with my finger and found a low and steady pulse.   I don't know how the watch calculates the pulse but reasoned perhaps the blood entry the evening before may have something to do with it.   And using a toothbrush and a little detergent  on the underside of the watch cured the problem.   I can't immediately find the instructions for the watch to see if there is something mentioned about cleaning the watch.  I'm thinking that this very high pulse readings have been recorded in my record and a cause for alarm.  I've come here to the site to see what's in my record but all I see is average pulse rate.  What I'm presenting here maybe of no importance because I'm not very knowledgeable.  I would appreciate it if someone could advise me.  Thank you.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @montel2 - in the Fitbit App click on the heart tile and then the day in question, a graph appears, click on it to expand the sampling values. Because it is a a sampling you don't get to see all values or spikes unless lasting for some time. Due to the new sensor technology any light reaching it can give a false HR reading, Dried blood can mean it is not fitting snug on the wrist.

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes