Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't stay connected to my phone's Bluetooth

ANSWERED

My Sense drops the Bluetooth connection about once a day. I have a Google Pixel 7a with Android 14. This is a new phone. I didn't have this problem with my Xperia phone. I would expect a Google phone to have this kinks worked out with a Google watch.

When the connection drops, I don't get notifications of appointments and incoming messages. 

I can usually reconnect by restarting the phone, but sometimes I also have to restart the watch, which has become a big problem which I will address in another post.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Bvlenci - this can be related to your old phone make sure you remove the watch Bluetooth entries from it or turn it off.

It's not a good idea to have multiple devices running the Fitbit App, if that is the case.

However it can also be an issue with the V4 Fitbit App which can lose connection.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Bvlenci - this can be related to your old phone make sure you remove the watch Bluetooth entries from it or turn it off.

It's not a good idea to have multiple devices running the Fitbit App, if that is the case.

However it can also be an issue with the V4 Fitbit App which can lose connection.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Bvlenci. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Sense keeps disconnecting from your phone's Bluetooth. I understand where your concern is coming from, we're here to help you!

I agree with @Guy_.  
As a first approach, I'd suggest making sure that your Sense is no longer connected to your old mobile device as this might be preventing your Fitbit device to receive notifications from your new phone. 

With that being said, please follow the steps below in the order listed:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your old phone's Bluetooth and also from the new phone.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your new phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Sense again.
  • Set up notifications on your Fitbit device again.

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Sense first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

All that seems not to have been necessary. I merely uninstalled the Fitbit app on the old phone and the problem seems to have been resolved.

By the way, when I am in the midst of responding to a post, it's very annoying to be interrupted to ask if I'd like to take a survey when I'm finished. It's even more annoying when I reply, "Yes, when I'm finished", and have the survey immediately pop up when I'm in mid-sentence of the response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The best answer was by Guy, and I don't know why my post was tagged as the best answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bvlenci- thanks for confirming what worked for you, removing the Fitbit app has the same effect of disabling the phone from connecting to the watch, best answer has been changed over.

Note: However if the old phone had the V3 version if you reinstall it on the phone again unfortunately you will only get the new version.

Best Answer
0 Votes