Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not accurately recording swimming lengths

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I’ve just upgraded to the Fitbit Sense after having the ionic. I swim 4/5 times a week so I use the watch to track my swimming. Had the sense just over a week now and been swimming 5 times, every time my length count is not accurate! This is becoming very frustrating now. I swim in a 20m pool, set the lap to 5 lengths and generally swim 5 lengths without stopping. I’ve been swimming 5 lengths but my watch says I’ve only swam 2 or 3!

Is anybody else having the same problems? Any advice / tips what to do to try make the watch more accurate in counting lengths?

i never had any issues with the ionic, it was always correct! Since changing to the sense, I am finding my count is always short!

Sometimes when I manually pause the watch after 5 lengths (while I have a break) this can force another length on but that only takes it from 3 to 4!

Should I push away from the wall or not?

any advice how to get this correct and more accurate would be appreciated.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Tunni1990.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Sense. Thank you for the information provided.

Please make sure to have set the pool length for your Watch. For instructions, please visit this article and open the menu "How do I set the pool length for my Fitbit device?". In the same article but in the menu "Why does my Fitbit swim data seem wrong?" you can find some factors that can cause inconsistencies in your swim data.

In addition, you can restart your Sense by following these steps.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have tried all your suggestions but I am still having no luck.

had the watch nearly three weeks now and every swim I do the length count is always wrong. It happens right at the very start too, my last two swimming sessions I swam four lengths and stopped to check watch and it said I only had done one! Very frustrating! It is constantly behind and never catches up, in fact it continues to get worse! I have swam 50 lengths today and the watch counted 37! This just cannot be right?

my pool length is set to 20m, which is correct. I have a 5 second pause at end of each length and push away / glide away from the wall to start a length. Why is the watch so incorrect in knowing the lengths? What am I doing wrong?

smart watch? The sense certainly isn’t smart when it comes to swimming I’m afraid: never had any issues with the ionic before I was forced to change so really disappointed now that I can’t go swimming without having to worry about my watch recording the data incorrectly.

i hope some improvements can be made to make it more accurate as it is all over the place!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @Tunni1990.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Restarting helps for about one swim session then goes back to not counting lengths accurately.  If I count 50 lengths watch usually shows about 37.  Frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes