Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense records double with trek pole

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All

When I walk with my Sense it records my steps, miles, pace etc.  Today I used trekking pole and I noticed that for a 2 mile walk it registered only 1 mile but it more than double my pace.  After a few sync I checked it again and it more than doubled my mile, boosted my steps way way up.  Did the thing do a calculation of my steps and miles and compared it to my doubled pace?  I don't understand that. First I'm way under with everything and than it boosts it way up because the trekking poles augmented my pace. Does anybody have an explanation of this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @BengalCat2018 do you have GPS enabled during the hike?

Have you taken a walk with your poles and count your steps? I count every left step for 100 steps. This gives me 200 steps and then check what the tracker counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the same walk this morning without the trekking pole and it's exactly double the mileage and half the pace from yesterday's walk with the trekking pole. So in another word this watch is quite neet and calculates your mileage according to your pace and the pace changes with trekking poles not mileage calculated according to the distance if you would drive the same walk and yes my gps is always on, what would be the sense to use a watch and measure the distance and steps if I don't use the GPS

Best Answer
0 Votes