Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense shows the Fitbit logo and then black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For about a week my Fitbit sense stopped to work. It was charged, and when I pressed the side bottom and after some time the logo appeared , but after short time the logo disappeared and only black screen.

I tried tens times. Always the same , the logo after the logo only black screen.

how to sort it out?

thanks Tuvi 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @tuvi! Have you tried leaving it on the charger for a while even though you think it's charged? This does sound like the behavior of a drained battery.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I have tried everything . I left it on the charger for a few days , I tried to press the side bottom until the logo appeared and wait until it disappeared, I tried to press it again when the logo appeared etc. Always the only thing I can see is the logo and then black screen .

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @tuvi and @MakMak.

@MakMak Thank you for your support!

@tuvi Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back as they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. Meanwhile, if possible, I recommend checking if your watch needs a firmware update: How do I update my Fitbit device?

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How it is possible to update the firmware if the Fitbit sense watch does not show any screen except logo , I can’t synchronise it .?

regqrds

tuvi 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @tuvi.

I understand your concern and recommend getting in touch with our Support team for further assistance. They should be able to look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  My fitbit suddenly just went to the logo and stays there. It was last charged yesterday or today.  According to the app it was last synced about 4 hours ago with the battery at 76%.  The last notification I got from it was about that time.  I was kayaking across a lake when it notified me I reached my step count goal.  I guess the body movements registered as steps.   I have tried restarting it several times.  No dice.  Anything else I can try before contacting support?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have this issue. It seemed like it might have been related to a clock face being incompatible after a firmware update maybe? That's just a guest based on one of the error messages I saw. But now like you guys all I see is the Fitbit logo or a blank screen on my watch.

Anyone gotten any answer on this one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could not sort out this problem. (and I am quite good with technology ). I hope that FitBit can find a solution. at this stage sadly I can't use my Fitbit Sense.  Can someone from Fitbit can contact me ?  Thanks in advance

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started the chat thing with Fitbit and they had me do the usual things like restarting the phone reconnecting with Bluetooth but nothing's help so far. I'm surprised where the price of this cost they won't have some kind of hard reset method like you stick a pin in a certain hole or something like that. But it's not looking good! I am going to be pissed if I spent $200 plus dollars on a paperweight. 

Best Answer

If anyone comes up with a solution to this, please share in this thread? 

I was working with a nice chat support person but they had me restart everything so lost connection and now they're not answering. 🙂 it sounds like maybe our Fitbit senses are bricked? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to call Fitbit Support.  Since my watch is still under warranty they had me send it in and will mail me a replacement.  This is the second time I've had to get my Sense replaced under warranty.  The first time was for a battery issue.  I guess once it is past the one-year warranty period I will be out the cost of a new watch after it breaks again in a couple of months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you so much. I guess I'll try that... It doesn't inspire confidence that there's really no way to reboot this thing. Surely they would have some sort of hard reset option to return the device to factory settings? But I guess not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine as well have any of you found a resolution to this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly I have black screen all the time I could not start it so I can’t use the Fitbit sense at all now . Almost gave up
Tuvi

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer