Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stopped recording skin temperature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense stopped recording my temperature two nights in a row. I’ve restarted it, and checked to see if there was an update, but everything is up to date. I’m not sure why it suddenly stopped recording. Any advice?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @BenBTizMe and @tdhandy.

Thanks for keeping us posted, and your efforts while working on this matter. As mentioned before, this was reported again to our team and it seems it was fixed. Make sure to have the Fitbit app updated and sync your Sense to update all your details. If by any chance the skin temperature data is still not appearing on your end, don't hesitate to let me know so that I can share this feedback to our team.

On the other hand, if you're having issues with other stats or if you have a different question, please start a new thread to receive help from the Community.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
182 REPLIES 182

I have had the same thing happen. My skin temp stopped working on 3/20/22. I have read through the sense forum postings on this from the past and followed all of the instructions to get it working again - none have helped. Fitbit gurus' would you please investigate and help correct this. 

Best Answer

I don't think Fitbit has ever officially confirmed this but I feel like a lot of their issues with scores and readings that we're supposed to get in the morning are server-related. At most, I'll miss one day of something like skin temperature or blood oxygenation but then the next day I'll get it back including the one that was missing. My reasoning is that if it wasn't able to get a reading before, why does it get it eventually? And there's no rhyme or reason as to how to force it to get the information. It just reappears without needing to restart my Sense, phone, or do a delete and add of the Sense.

Best Answer

Yep, same here.  No temp reading for Tuesday and Wednesday.  Very irritating.

Best Answer

Me too - no temperature reading for past two days. 

Best Answer

I did not get a skin temp report for last night. 
Tuesday 3/22

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Oh and my skin temperature is missing from last night as well too. Probably not a coincidence. 

Best Answer

My skin temp also stopped working 2 days ago. Would be good to get a response obviously something is wrong for so many to have the same issue

Best Answer

My Sense stopped recording the skin temperature since 21 Mar 2022. All other health metrics are fine except Sp02 which still lags by one day. I am on the east coast of Australia. 

Best Answer

Mine quit last night. I did a factory reset, re install, upgrade re pair Bluetooth.. HR has suddenly been showing low enough I should be dead. I have tachycardia, Kardia mobile confirms 100+ bpm. Had another with charging issues, I charged and paired it with the phone. Same issues. Also note red LED light no longer lit on either watch. Has to be an issue on their side. Unlikely to duplicate issue on 2 phones w 2 watches

Best Answer

Me too. Hopefully fitbit by google will fix this asap.

Best Answer

Seems this is a general fault and possibly server related.

Often when it says no data it doesn't mean the watch provided no data but more a result wasn't calculated for presentation in health metrics.

All you can do is wait for the service to be fixed.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Two nights ago, my Sense stopped recording my skin temperature. I did an ap unintall, factory reset, re install and re pairing to no avail. Was.able to replicate the issue on a different phone and different Sense using the same process. Firmware updated on both watches prior to issue. Has Fitfit withdrawn this ability?

Best Answer

Most likely. It would be nice if the company posted prominent notice on this problem so we all would know. They could be forthright. It's not a fault to hide. These things happen. Acknowledging an issue would hardly tank the brand.

Best Answer

Mine too. This is particularly frustrating as we are ttc and I need to keep a close eye on temperature fluctuations. 😠😡

Best Answer

Same here...I've tried all the normal troubleshooting steps:  restart Sense, restart phone, force app stop, clear cache data, "forget" and re-pair Sense to the Fitbit app, log out and back in to the Fitbit app.  None of it has worked.  I'm going to guess there might be a server side issue that Fitbit needs to address.

Best Answer

I don't believe that the option has been withdrawn.  It appears that Fitbit is having an issue with the skin temperature readings as many users are now reporting on other threads that they are not receiving skin temperatures.

Best Answer

Just came here to record the same issue.  I've had my Sense since January and it has recorded my skin temp every night without issue - last two nights, nothing.  Everything else is being recorded over night, sleep, HR etc.

Best Answer

Make that 2 nights without temp.  22nd and 23rd.

waiting for  Fitbit to resolve itself. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Same issue here, 3rd night in a raw...

Best Answer