Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stopped recording skin temperature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense stopped recording my temperature two nights in a row. I’ve restarted it, and checked to see if there was an update, but everything is up to date. I’m not sure why it suddenly stopped recording. Any advice?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

No temp for me either for the nights of Tues 3/22 and Wed 3/23 in Central Time Zone. I guess it helps to know it's not just me and my body temp!

Best Answer

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one because that means its not my watch and we all seem to stop seeing our temp around the same days. 

Definitely a fitbit issue not our watches. 

Best Answer

Same here no temp for wednesday and last night for me.  So the night of the 22nd and 23rd.  I bet since it is seemingly a lot of us having this issue this is something on the server side.  Like when your sleep scores sometimes don't show up.  But it does seem odd that it's consistent day range for so many of us.

Best Answer

Have notified Fitbit support and asked the moderators to post a notice for this issue.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I just started getting the same issue and it stopped recording skin readings for the last 5 days

Robin James Short
Best Answer

I am a long term Premium member. My Sense has stopped showing Skin Temperature for the last 2 days. It was working fine for some months prior to stopping for no apparent reason. 

Best Answer

Same here, Premium member but stopped working over the last 3 days

Best Answer

My Sense also stopped recording my skin temperature two nights in a row, now three nights.  I've done all the troubleshooting items, including removing the tile and reinstalling.  This is VERY frustrating because it was only a few weeks ago several of us had the Stress Management score issue that took too long to troubleshoot and find a solution and that was actually a user that discovered the solution.  I'm losing more confidence in Fitbit and their products each time this happens, especially when I pay for the premium.  

Fitibt, I understand from the replies for this post a user has talked to a moderator so hopefully it is being addressed and a solution will be made quickly.  Thank you.

Best Answer

Mine also stopped showing up 3 days in a row... Worked perfect for 7 months and suddenly nothing.  I have followed all the trouble shooting advice and nothing. 

Best Answer

There's no amount of troubleshooting the user can do that'll get it working.

Just gotta wait for Fitbit to fix it on their end and send the information. Really would be nice if they sent out an email or app notification of these issues especially if they are as widespread as it appears.

Best Answer

I just cleaned my sensors to check and have been wearing the band tighter yet still no updates

Robin James Short
Best Answer

After wasting my time trying all of the suggestions for fixing this I was glad to see your post.  It would be so helpful if google at least let everyone know that there's a problem on their end.  I was hoping the customer service for fitbit would improve under google but if anything, it's gotten worse. 

Best Answer

So hate fitbit now

Best Answer

Hate fitbit now....

Best Answer

Hate fitbit now.  I called customer support and all they did was direct me to all the fixes I had already tried.

Best Answer

I hard reset my fitbit and then cleaned the sensors very thoroughly, so I will post updates to see if it starts working again

Robin James Short
Best Answer

Same issue here!

Best Answer

Mine too. Just got the stress management score back. Now the temperature ☹️

Best Answer

Also tweeted @Fitbitsupport and they were of no help.  Told me to reboot, restart etc, etc.  Said that was already done and it's affecting many people for the last two nights and got some canned response  - "Alright. Skin temperature typically varies over the course of a night. For more info, please check out: (and they listed some fitbit article)"  So nothing helpful!

Best Answer

It did me no good to clean sensors and no good to hard reboot.  Very frustrated with Fitbit.

Best Answer