Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stuck on message "To start download the Fitbit app"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new fitbit 3 days ago and I am already near my wits end. It can't find my phone, says an app is needed even when I have the app open, and can't find my fitbit even when I'm holding my phone in the hand the fitbit is place on. Stopped syncing at 4am. I've tried rebooting phone, turning off notifications and back on, bluetooth, and all the advice I found on forums. nothing works. Beginning to wonder if this is going to be an ongoing problem after reading other posts. If so, a $300 Fitbit Sense is an overpriced problem.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @notfeelingit. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense before reaching out. I understand where you're coming from. @Guy_ @Rich_Laue Thanks for the help and advice! 

First and foremost, please note that in order to set up Fitbit Aria Air, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, or Fitbit Versa 3, you must use a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. You can’t set up these devices on a Windows 10 device.

Moving on to the issue, as per the message on the watch's screen, it seems that your Sense is asking to be paired to your Fitbit account again. With that said, I'd suggest following the steps below:

• Check if by any chance your phone's Bluetooth shows the Versa 3 as a connected device. If so, please unpair/remove it.
  • Remove the Sense from your Fitbit account and your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Sense again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Sense.

If you can't get started with your Sense, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It has to be syncing for the app on the watch to find the phone.

If the watch can't talk to the phone over Bluetooth it won't be able to find it.

It is probably a setup issue thats not correctly made that causes the non syncing.

The Fitbit App has to be running in background on the phone for good syncing and the phone needs to be near the watch, and there needs to be no other Bluetooth devices around when you are trying to get connected.

Check your phone's battery saving settings to make sure that its not shutting down Bluetooth or the Fitbit App.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi @notfeelingit the fact that the tracker says to use the fitbit app, it is telling us that the tracker needs to be setup to your fitbit account. 

You say that you tried all the advice found on the Internet. Was one of the advice to remove the tracker from your fitbit account, or to do a factory reset? 

I see nothing about what steps where tried. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @notfeelingit. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense before reaching out. I understand where you're coming from. @Guy_ @Rich_Laue Thanks for the help and advice! 

First and foremost, please note that in order to set up Fitbit Aria Air, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, or Fitbit Versa 3, you must use a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. You can’t set up these devices on a Windows 10 device.

Moving on to the issue, as per the message on the watch's screen, it seems that your Sense is asking to be paired to your Fitbit account again. With that said, I'd suggest following the steps below:

• Check if by any chance your phone's Bluetooth shows the Versa 3 as a connected device. If so, please unpair/remove it.
  • Remove the Sense from your Fitbit account and your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Sense again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Sense.

If you can't get started with your Sense, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was getting so frustrated with this issue. Thank you for recommending this fix! Totally worked!

Best Answer

@Starkat Awesome! I'm glad to hear that your issue is solved now. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes