Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't charge due to low temperature, but it's quite warm where I live!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had this watch since it came out and never had this error message before!

I have tried multiple chargers and locations to charge it, but it gives the same "Temperature too low to charge" error message. 

I have restarted the watch and spoken to customer service and answered all of their questions. They only said I will have to wait on an email as they escalate my issue to a higher tier customer support!

But this is a new error message I have never seen. I live in a warm area, and it has not been cold. I warmed it up anyway, I have cleaned the charging cables and the back of the watch where it charges. I have restarted and no matter what, it gives same error message.

Now my watch is completely dead and has zero charge and won't charge. I think it is broken somehow. It has given me a slow charge error message for a while now on/off. But never this error message.

Can anyone tell me if they have had this error message and what is the fix for it? Or is the watch broken beyond all hope? I believe it is broken, and it worked and charged okay up until last night.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @djpurity - this can be indicative of a watch fault or as you received slow charging a charge cable fault - first check the following How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen 

Also if you have any residual charge left, try a restart by holding the button for 10 seconds till it vibrates and logo appears.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my watch several times before it died in an attempt to fix this. I also tried multiple chargers and multiple outlets and different rooms of the house.

The battery is completely dead now. I even used a warm dry compress over it to warm it up because it had said it was "too cold to charge."

Anyway I have tried everything and spoken to someone in the Fitbit customer service chat. It has been escalated to the next level tier support and I have to wait for an email from them which could take days, they said.

Thanks, but I have restarted the watch, yes, as I know this could have fixed it, but it did not. I suspect the temperature sensor must be broken - but how? Or why?

Best Answer
0 Votes