Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't connect to Samsung S22 Ultra

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit sense will not connect to my Samsung S22 Ultra.  I tried removing the sense from the fitbit app and then adding it as a new device and it can't locate it

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I could be wrong but I think you need to factory reset the Sense when changing phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed phones. Went from an IPhone 6s Plus to IPhone 12 max pro and did not need to do anything like that. I cleared the 6 and turned it in. It did not require a factory reset in that situation. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Hi @kimmiann  -  did you also remove the Bluetooth entries and restart both after removing it from the app and then run " Set up a Device" ?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I tried this restarting BOTH devices (except I have the Versa 3) , with no success

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to Uninstall the app from my old phone and as soon as I did, the 22 ultra instantly picked mine up. This was of course after 4 hours of being frustrated.  😉

Best Answer

Holy Monkies! It worked.  Thank you

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  - interesting, what actions had you done on the old phone previously, such as

• turn it off
  • Remove Bluetooth Sense entries from it
  • Turn Bluetooth off
  • Logout of the app

Before uninstalling the App.

Best Answer

I did all those [versa 3]

Unpaired versa from old phone

Turned old phone off

Restarted both s22 utlra and versa 3 (based above suggestion) 

After uninstalling the app on the onld phone versa 3 connected  to s22 instantly 

Best Answer

I shut it down, unpaired, turned off Bluetooth, and logged out. None of those worked until I Uninstalled the app from the old device. That was all it took. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

@kimmiann Thanks for letting us know about your Sense, and your efforts while working on this matter. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and just to confirm, have you tried the suggestions shared in this thread? If not, please give them a try and make sure to also exhaust the steps described in this help article. Let me know how everything goes.

@SunsetRunner and @Alwyzindalite Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Sense, and sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad your watch is syncing correctly and I'm sure your posts, as well as the suggestions shared by @Guy_ will help many other members visiting the Community Forums.

@eezeepee and @Clove6060 Thanks for stopping by to help our members. As it was mentioned before, let me clarify that when changing phones it's not necessary to perform anything else aside of forgetting your Fitbit device from the Bluetooth settings, that way it can pair and sync correctly with your new phone.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I have a unique problem that the solutions above do not help.  My Samsung phone was stolen.  I had to preorder the Samsung S22 Ultra thin as there were no Samsung S20 or S21 within 50 mile radius.  So, I cannot delete the program from my old phone to be able to get my new Sense watch to pair with my new S22 phone.  What other solutions are there for getting the watch to pair to the phone?

Best Answer
I was able to finally connect once I turned my old phone off
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

The s22 ultra has only just been released...it sometimes takes Fitbit a while to catch up 

Keep trying to connect should do in a couple of days 

Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Myrakle that doesn't matter, the only reason to remove from the old phone is if the phone is still on and nearby. 

Simply load the fitbit app onto the new phone. Log into your Fitbit account (do not create a new account)

The app will guide you through accepting permissions. 

We never have to remove the tracker from the fitbit app when changing phones. 

This is because we setup a tracker to your fitbit account, not to the phone. 

The fitbit app then sets up the phonegconnection with the tracker. 

Best Answer

Thank you for this advice! Instead of hours of frustration I only had 15 mins! This totally worked when trying to sync my s22 Ultra to my Fitbit Versa 2!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all these suggestions and have already returned my phone to TMobile. My fitbit won't connect so it is pretty much worthless.

Best Answer

@dananeuts  - it's possible there is a watch problem if you tried everything.

Did you contact support via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. 

Best Answer

I don't know if any of the suggestions below helped you, but none of them are appropriate for my S22 Ultra not connecting to my Sense by Bluetooth to receive text messages etc; Otherwise, the Sense is syncing to my phone.

I do not have an old phone to remove the app from, and I deleted everything Fitbit from my S22 Ultra while waiting, Forever, for the Sense. As I said, everything synced withe the phone it just WILL NOT Pair with the Bluetooth on the phone.  It appears under connected devices under connections/Bluetooth, but WILL NOT PAIR!      

There is obviously something wrong with the Sense just as there was with my 3 Ionics, and every time I called, or wrote to support, they always said that they knew of the issues, and we're trying to fix them, but they did not know what was causing them.  It took over a year, and exchanging Ionics 3 times for it to finally work correctly - then the the notifications stopped again - then the recall!!!  

They don't know what they are doing, and being bought by Google hasn't helped at all!!!!

Best Answer