Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't notify me of high or low heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit sense won't notify me of high low heart rate. On the high low heart rate app, it says sync settings, and I click on it, and it says syncing settings, and it just stays this way. And I've searched and tried everything. This is a replacement I received from fitbit because not getting enough battery power. I'm on a galaxy note 10 plus on my original fitbit. it didn't work either. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Yes im aware that this is for when ur not active. It remaining fairly still no walking 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, it's good to see you here and welcome to our new member.

Thanks for the details and screenshots provided, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. As you may know, your Sense will receive this notification whenever your heart rate is outside of your high or low thresholds while you appear to be inactive for at least 10 minutes. This feature will appear as an installed app in the Gallery where you can either turn on or off the permissions. However, you'll need to go to your profile picture > Sense > High & Low Heart rate to adjust the settings there, and then tap Gallery > High/low heart rate app > Settings to sync any change.

If you're still not receiving these notifications after checking its settings and permissions, let's give a try to the following:

1. Forget your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  4. Make sure the DND and Sleep Mode are turned off on your watch.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and  pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.

Monitor your its behavior in the next days and let me know how it goes. Please take in mind that you won't receive this notification if your watch detects you're sleeping.

Best Answer

The high low heart rate app doesn't do anything. Has a small section on syncing settings then if u click it changes its status to syncing setting and it stays on this screen and doesn't do a thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Hgraham1987.

Thanks for getting back, and for the details. Let me clarify that the High/low heart rate app will only allow you to enable the permissions and sync the settings, in case you made any change after tapping your profile picture > Sense > High & Low Heart rate.

Please give a try to the steps suggested above and let me know if your Sense gets a notification when your heart rate is outside of the thresholds.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The high low heart rate app doesn't sync anything on mine it just changes the status to syncing settings and it just sits there I've had it open for 30 min and nothing updated or synced and no this did not do anything 

Best Answer

It's still not working any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hgraham1987 My question is how do you know it's supposed to be notifying you? Are you spot checking your heart rate with an actual medical device like a pulse oximeter or something like an Omron blood pressure monitor?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tachycardia so yes its a combo of different devices 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see you marked a reply and Best Answer. So the high/low app is basically no good anymore? How about the built-in notification that we had screenshot? Did you try modifying those settings?

Best Answer

I think this is being caused by the high low heart rate app not syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't mark anything the Fitbit mod did. And all of the suggestions I have tried 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Hgraham1987 and @eezeepee.

Because this is a public forum, other users might have marked that post as a Best Answer by mistake. However, I've unmarked that post so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community.

@Hgraham1987 Thanks for trying the suggestions shared in my post. I'm sorry your Sense is still not receiving these notifications and just to confirm, did you make sure to adjust the High & Low heart rate settings? To do this, just open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Sense > High & Low Heart rate. For any reference, check the screenshots shared by @eezeepee and @JohnnyRow before.

If after adjusting those settings the issue persists, as last resort please try reconnecting your watch to the Fitbit app:

1. Forget your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your watch one more time.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can reach that same High & Low Heart Rate by, clicking on your face on the app main screen, Click on Sense, and see High & Low 3 down on the General list.  In either one you can use the system settings or do a custom.  I did a custom to 60 to see if I get a notification later when I'm relaxing before bed.

Best Answer

I know you can't change the values in the high/low heart rate app but thanks I thought it was wired when my fiance has the Fitbit versa 3 and his is completely different than mine 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hgraham1987 But you can. These were the settings we have been asking you you to check. 

Screenshot_20220208-221527.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

And I was   

Best Answer

@Hgraham1987   I read several of your posts and it seems like you still need help with the high and low heart alerts.  It looks like you are following the wrong path to set them.  Please try this:

• Tap on your profile picture on your mobile app
  • Swipe up until you see the Settings section and tap on Activity & Wellness
  • Tap on Heart Settings
  • Tap on High & Low Heart Rate
  • If you want both high and low alerts, toggle them both to On
  • There are default settings based on your age and typical resting heart rates
  • You can set a custom threshold for each by using the appropriate toggle, then entering your desired setting

Keep in mind that these alerts are programmed so that they only occur at rest and after 10 minutes in the selected heart rate.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer