Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't stay connected to my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use to love my Sense. Now the last few weeks it won't stay connected to my phone. I don't get any notifications. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times and done the factory reset on the watch. Nothing works.  I have been seeing that a lot of people are having the same issue for a while now. All my watch is good for now is telling the time. I can get a cheap Timex for that. Customer support doesn't seem to be very good.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think I finally got it working. My battery on my phone was starting to drain really fast. I checked my battery usage and it was the fitbit app that was killing my battery. I assume because it was constantly trying to connect to my watch. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and had the same issues. I did it two more times and now it is staying connected and not killing my phones battery. It was the app the whole time. Not the watch. Happy to finally have it working again. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Stronggo - did you swipe the watch face to the right and turn off sleep and do not disturb?

If you are in sleep or do not disturb mode you won't get notifications.

Also if you reinstalled the Fitbit App you will need to setup notifications again (and especially App notifications) otherwise you won't necessarily get any.

See also Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I have done all that a few times. My notification centre is clear because I don't get any. The problem is my watch will not stay connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stronggo  - swipe the watch face to the right to get to Quick Settings to check that sleep and do not disturb are turned off.

If it is not syncing well try removing the Bluetooth entries from the phone's Bluetooth, logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it and restart the phone.

Restart the watch also and login to the Fitbit App, wait for any pair, link or Fixit prompts and then sync manually.

On the phone make sure that battery savings is not stopping the Fitbit App or associated services from running in background.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me with this problem. I appreciate the help. I did has you suggested and it connected very fast. Now let's see if it will stay connected. I will let you know later today. 

Update: Still will not stay connected. Like I said I see a lot of people having the same problem. 

Best Answer

When I stop getting reminders to move or other notifications, I reboot the watch using the side button. What usually happens is that I hold it for 7 seconds and it will vibrate and not reboot. I force a shutdown in Settings. Once it comes back up, if I can reboot it 3 times using the side button, everything will work for. a few days. If it doesn’t, I shutdown and do it again and again until it does. Won’t work otherwise. Tuesday, I did this 4 times before it was successful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

.... And you're OK with this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not. That's why I am looking at other options. 

Best Answer

I think I finally got it working. My battery on my phone was starting to drain really fast. I checked my battery usage and it was the fitbit app that was killing my battery. I assume because it was constantly trying to connect to my watch. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and had the same issues. I did it two more times and now it is staying connected and not killing my phones battery. It was the app the whole time. Not the watch. Happy to finally have it working again. 

Best Answer