Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't update the firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit will not update to the new firmware (I have tried EVERYTHING) and support told me to buy a new device and gave me a $30 discount to do so. I don't know what to do now. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Neddie_1 - it seems you were misinformed.

Firstly, if you have a Sense 2 your watch is still under warranty so no need to buy a new one.

Secondly, you probably can't currently update to this version and shouldn't anyway because it has issues.

Thirdly, it is not a good idea to install updates without knowing what they do and if there are any known problems, especially if your watch is working normally.

Fourthly, if you have an issue it is best to resolve it before assuming a firmware update will fix it, as it may actually make things worse, depending on source of the problem.

Hope this helps.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Neddie_1 Welcome to the forums. @Guy_ Thanks for sharing your insights.

@Neddie_1 I've moved your post to the Sense board so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details provided and the time taken to troubleshoot your watch. Please note every case is handled individually and based on our Warranty Policy. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and because you have a case opened, my best advice is to reply back to our Support team to receive more information about their resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes