Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense wrist band keeps falling off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everybody,

I had a black Sense for over a year with no problems whatsoever. Then, I decided to give it to my wife and went for a new grey stainless-steel one.

I got it two weeks ago. I put it on and kept it until the day after. Upon removing it, both parts of the band immediately fell off.

The problem was immediately identified as being related to the locking mechanism, not to the band itself. The two plastic pins simply do not return to their default position when the band is not attached to the watch. And what is more, you do not hear the "click" sound when attaching the band.

The two pins can be easily moved with fingers without any effort, meaning that there is something related to the design of the locking mechanism.

With that said, I contacted the Fitbit support that was helpful and replaced the watch (I sent some videos proving the problem).

Three days ago, I received a brand-new grey stainless-steel Sense. I checked the band locking mechanism to make sure not to face the same problem. So, no problems, I put my new Senso on.

Today, I wanted to give it a bit of charge and after removing it, I faced the exact same problem, the longer band fell off the watch and the locking pin due to work with that seems to have lost the return-in-default position.

You clearly understand that wearing such a defective watch is not secure in that you may face the possibility to lose it. 

There appears to be a problem with this kind of watches (grey).

A defective stock?

Does anybody else have this problem?

Does any moderator want to give some advice?

VeniA, Italy - Sense (Firmware v. 44.128.6.12), Android App (v. 3.59.1) on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

This just happened to me.

Watch face is destroyed.

I'm not happy, it was nearly new.

Best Answer

I am sorry for that. It must have been very disappointing. You are going to get a new one, aren't you?

BTW, do you happen to have the grey stainless-steel version?

Can you please check whether the retaining plastic pins on the back that keep the band in place move freely? 

VeniA, Italy - Sense (Firmware v. 44.128.6.12), Android App (v. 3.59.1) on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was replaced by Fitbit in timely fashion.

Best Answer

The top band fell off on my newish black Sense a couple of days ago when I removed it for showering, as I don't trust the waterproof build of Fitbit devices.

Hopefully this was a one off. Not very hopeful. Easy way to loose it! 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my carbon/graphite stainless steel Sense about 2 months ago. I change the bands when I run then again when I wear it to work (a dressier metal band),  so twice a day on average.

Two days ago I was running and the band fell off of my arm and hit the concrete.  I have a protective lense film on it so no damage done. But it took several tries to get the band to stay on for the rest of the run.

Yesterday the other band half started coming off and now the first half never stays attached.

The clip moves freely as if the spring inside has broken. Ivwill be contacting Fitbit as soon as the customer service is open again. They are usually very responsive to defective items. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just happened to me, too.  It's fallen off twice in the past 12 hours (fortunately I've been sick at home so it landed on a soft surface).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a quick update on the issue. 

Fitbit Support was made aware that the 2nd brand new Sense I received had the same exact problem.

This could be overcome by just wearing the watch firmly on the wrist.

I mean not complying with the way Fitbit suggests you doing. 

Wearing it tightly keeps the band in a position that prevents the locking mechanism from opening and releasing the band. 

So, I kept using it that way and I did not report the issue to Fitbit Support immediately. 

When I did it, because I realised it was not OK to have a defective smartwatch of such high price, it was too late (a bit more than a month). 

Fitbit Support understood the case, but this time, maybe due to the delay I reported the problem, they offered me two options: 1. Get another watch (they did not mention new or renovated) and 2. To get another device, not the same, at half price.

I went for option 1.

Two days ago, I received a delivery package that contained just the watch with protective plastic on top and bottom, but not included in the original package and without the band.

At least, this, I do not know if renovated or brand new, now shows no problem.

By the way, this is the 2nd watch that came with 0% battery level.

And this is no good for the battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"By the way, this is the 2nd watch that came with 0% battery level.

And this is no good for the battery." 

The batteries on devices will drain due to time since manufacture. This will occur within in a few months. I can't imagine Fitbit (or retailers for that matter) doing any sort of maintenance charging after the watch has left the factory.

The battery won't have been compromised.

The recommendation not to let the battery drain to 0% is aimed at consumer level usage. An occasional drain (which happens to all of us) won't be detrimental to the battery life and capacity. Repeated draining can be. As the battery ages, then 0% charge can be problematic as the charger current may not be enough to lift the depleted battery above 0%. Hence, it may not charge.

Wearing the watch firmly on the wrist is not a good recommendation as skin complaints can arise from moisture trapped between the watch and skin.

Hope the replacement proves satisfactory.  

Best Answer

Yes, I have had the same problem with the 2022 version of the Versa 3. They sent me a new one and it has the same problem. It is obvious they know there is a problem. I just wish they would recall them and redesign the watch and attachment.

Kathie

Best Answer

I agree - it's too serious a problem for them to leave the design as is.  Thankfully, the new one they sent me hasn't fallen off yet, but the whole thing is definitely making me consider switching brands for my next tracker/watch.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, mine is Rose Gold. I thought it was the band as I swapped out the horrid plastic one that came with it for a leather one off Amazon.  Seems from all the above posts that it's an issue with the watch itself and not the bands. So far it's only happened while home and I've immediately felt it come off but it's only a matter of time for it to happen out in public I suppose.  The old mechanism was a huge pain when it came to changing bands but I NEVER had one come off in four years of wearing them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They weren't to me. Because I bought it on Ebay, they refused to honor the warranty. Crappy design.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No they are not. All they will do, if pushed, is send you another. As you've seen by now, the replacement watches are just as bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes