Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting 12/24 hour time format display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Everyone!

I'm a long-time Fitbit user and recently upgraded my Versa 2 to a Sense, but I'm running into a few issues completing the setup. The issue for this thread: 12/24 hour time format display.

Phade_1-1640742262217.png

1. I pull up the Sense device and click "Gallery".

Phade_2-1640742321683.png

2.  I click the "Clocks" app.

Phade_3-1640742364831.png

3.  There are no "Settings", only "Permissions".

Phade_0-1640742208214.png

4.  I log into my account at fitbit.com, pull up my "Personal Info", and confirm that "12 hour" is selected.

5.  I switch it to "24 hour", wait a few minutes, resync my watch, switch it back to "12 hour", wait a few minutes, and resync my watch again.  It is still displaying 24 hour time. 

What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks again for being awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Phade- try switching to the original clock face in case it is a bug in a clock face.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

When you switch to 12 hr through the fitbit.com dashboard, can you get 12 hour time on any other clockfaces, particularly one 'by Fitbit'.  I'm just wondering if it is an issue with a particular clock face, especially if it is a third-party one.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue persists with the default Fitbit-created clock face as well as any other clock face I choose regardless of the face creator.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Phade - there's another "feature" at the bottom of that "Personal Info" screen where you can click Submit ! Lol Then sync your watch again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I hit the submit button.  😉  Still nothing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Phade- try switching to the original clock face in case it is a bug in a clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, that was it: clock face bug.  The clock does not display 12-hour time even if the user setting is set to 12-hour time.  All other clock faces that I tried work correctly.

How do I submit a bug report for this clock?  

Phade_0-1640982526799.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Phade-  you can contact the developer at the bottom of the description where you install it.

Best Answer

I put that clock face on my Sense and switched to 24 hr display.  It has been nearly 2 hrs and several syncs, and still show 24 hr time.

I can't explain it but expect there's more going on that just a programming bug.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes