Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get the Charge 6 or the Sense?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So before i had a Sense 2 and was quite happy about it, however it broke. I predict that the Sense 3 will come out soonish, so it dosnt make sense to me to buy that again, especially while the prices are still high.

I mostly used my watch for Heartrate monitoring, GPS runs (i tried to improve my Cardio score), Zone minutes, Fitness Tracking and Sleep tracking. Secondarly i used it for paying but i can live without that.

Now i have the choice to get either the Charge 6 and the Sense for the same price. I assume that the Charge 6 is more robust and has newer Sensors, however the Sense seems to have still more features (and honestly i couldnt tell the difference between sense and sense 2)

Which one so you recommend?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I don't have a choice for you, but (1) I'm not sure you can still find the original Sense new.  (2) Don't automatically assume newer products are more robust, at least feature-wise.  Sometimes lately it seems newer products drop features, so if something is important to you, compare features carefully rather than assuming.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I have the original Sense, it was the best Fitbit device, once Google took over, the Sense 2 is more like the Sense Lite, they put all of their work into the Pixel Watch. So doubt they will release a Sense 3. So your choice is either Pixel Watch 1 or Pixel Watch 2. The charge is strictly a tracker with a few add-ons. YMMV. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

Hi @owall - the Sense has Google Assistant and apps and much more on watch information which the Sense 2 doesn't.

Due to cut backs at Google it is unlikely there will be a Sense 3, which may have even less features if it comes, but new releases are generally only in the fall.

Google are removing all non Fitbit clocks and apps from the online Gallery for people in Europe from June 2024 and have withdrawn sales in many countries.

Charge 6 is just a tracker but may have a better HR sensor.

Pixel watches don't compare with a Sense 2 for battery life.

It may be worth broadening your research as the competition has made huge advances and battery life of 14 days or more is available in conjunction with loads more features and better phone app.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer