Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The app update SUCKS!

What the heck is going on with the latest app update? It's like they went backwards 2 years! 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Haven't installed it yet, what changed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like Google is slowly making the free version of the app unusable to encourage people to pay a monthly fee for premium. Absolutely outrageous!

Best Answer

As someone that pays for Premium. There is no difference in UI. The new update is horrendous. My charge 5 is having charging/battery issues and I'm very seriously considering an applewatch as a replacement. The last 2 updates have been huge steps backwards for the UI. I dont align with their design philosophy at all. The largest item keeping me from an Apple watch is their battery life. But this UI update might be the deciding factor for me.

For shame google/fitbit. You should be ashamed, and changes to your UI development team should be underway. They are failing.

Best Answer

The biggest change I've noticed is the presentation of sleep data.  Sleep history is no longer available in one place.  The various sleep graphs have been combined into one, with no ability to expand the view.  The restoration sleep graphs are gone, no data on when you were in restoration sleep and no data on estimated oxygen variation.

Also, fitbit sometimes screws up sleep start time and sleep end time.  In the previous UI I could correct these mistakes, but not now.

Fitbit REALLY needs to have someway of making these changes available for testing before inflicting them on their users.

Best Answer

I know.  Now mine is stuck on the language stuff on the actual  watch itself. Can't turn  off no matter how long I hold side button. 

Seriously going to take a hammer to it on 4/29/24, before i throw it away.  To get rid of any data info.   I get my new Garmin then. Fitbit used to be good.  Sayanora !! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s awful.  I have premium and getting garbage.  Huge leap backwards for user interface/ease of use.  Why would Fitbit take something good and make it awful?

Best Answer

Not just the free app. I have Premium and it changed also.  Ridiculous 

Best Answer

I thought I was the only one thinking that. I dont like it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what happens if you keep ignoring the prompt to install the new update?

Best Answer
0 Votes